Manually Adjusted Seatbelts

JiP

Manually Adjusted Seatbelts  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Members dont see this ad
The 55 already had inertia-reel belts installed in the back when I bought it (2 only, so it's technically a four-seater), and replaced both front seatbelts with ones from a wrecker without worrying about engineering or anything like that, and she passed rego with no questions asked.

All KE55's are only 4 seaters anyways.

I recon its much of a muchness really, from a safety point of view i recon that there on par cos even if old skool 1's lock u in harder, they're usually really old, worn out, and they only protect passengers if the idiot in the seat has enough brains to put them on.

On the other hand, inertia reel is easy to use (so the drunken idiots in the back are more likely to use them) and looks neater when theres no-one in the seat.

In the back however, no seat belt is gonna prtect your head and ass front the back of a stiffly sprung rolla, in my car at least, u sit in the back at the risk of head injury ;)

I would have to go with a general dislike of the manual belts. As 90% of the passengers in my car are female, only 1 in 10 passengers can figure out how to work the things themselves (Sorry to the rollaclub girls, but I call it as I see it...). And yeah, trapping the buckle outside the car is pretty ghetto-style. On another note though, dumbasses in MainRoads registered my car as having 5 seats!? But nonetheless, build plate says 4, seatbelts say 4 and power to weight says 4, so I say 4.

• 2 weeks later...
Last week i was driving a group of my employees home.

See jonno .. thats the problem. maccas is f@$king you. when i leave work, i go home. i don't take employees home - thats what their f@$king parents are for. if they can't get picked up, they get fired. if i was you, i'd be walking to work and when i finish my shift, i'd walk home. screw taking whiney little 15 year olds who don't respect cars home (bet they slam your doors too) (man I'm not taking a stab at you, i just know other folk who work at maccas and they take advantage of their nice ways..)

Coppa's don't know that. Only unless that look closely.

i don't think that the cops would worry about whether its registered as a 4 or 5 seater - the important thing is whether or not all passengers have seatbelts or not. So the middle person in the back wouldnt have one. therefore, you're screwed... i wouldnt wanna be sitting in the middle anyways, its a bit humpy

dyzza

Edited by Dyzza