Nitephyre

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so, who says you can't put a one peice exhaust system under a car without a hoist.....

ME :'(

it's not connected up yet, as it seems some mounting locations are slightly different, but apart from that, I got the f@$ker under the car...

Rob, you'd love the dodgyness I used to do it.... :(

I'm impressed! How did you go around the back axle?

Did you chop it in half and use Coke cans?

Cut the muffler? Mwahaha

If you disconnect the flange towards the front of the car and turn it into headers/piece 1/rear piece its piece of piss to get it under the car, diff is a headf@$k though :'(

I don't know whether this is a good idea posting this here or PM, both have the merits and.. umm, demerits?

I haven't got an issue with any of the existing members, I have had issues with two of the 'new' members who have been f@$kheads. If you looked into a bit, before jumping to conclusions, that RocknRolla fella had made a bullshit post in one of my existing threads, which started me and him off to a bad start. That lordnafe bloke, I'm sure you and I could both agree was a bit of a dickhead for many reasons which I publicly discussed in that thread.

Gee Dan. You really know how to win friends and influence people don't you?

Would you like to alienate anyone else on the board? You're doing pretty well at the moment.

I've never had an issue with you. Influencing people? I couldn't give a f@$k. If anyones going to accept influence from a 15 year old then they've got something wrong with them. Alienating people? What are you on about...

Like I said, I've never had an issue with you, starting on you, etc, whatever what you want to say. If you ask me, your response to my post came across as a pretty f@$king negative post, short sentences tend to do that. Apologies if it wasn't meant that way, its just the way it came across.

If you want we could resolve this via PM, I just didn't want to throw a PM up straight away, because of some recent events on the forum where nasty PMs can be sent, and the recipient posts it up with the attitude that the sender was trying to do it behind peoples backs...

Dan

haha now now boys...

Well, first of all I admit I did cut it a tad... but only about 20/30cm or so from the tip past the muffler... otherwise all I did was remove the back wheel, jack the back up to get as much manoeuvring room as I could, then fed it in through the gap front end first. Then, to get some extra room at the front I got another jack on a couple of bricks under the cross member and raised it a bit as well to get some extra clearance to do some spiffy twisty stuff with the pipe.

The end result is it's under the car, but now it seems that the welded on mounts don't line up, even though it's off another AE71 wagon... but hey it's all good, i'll work it out, as it only cost me a carton :(

Another thing is that now I've changed the oil seal, it seems I've put the timing belt back on incorrectly, as I didn't know it had to go back on a special way... I couldn't find any specific markings to line up. So now I've gotta work out how to fix that up again.... bloody timing, why can't all cylinders fire at once :'(