Learners?

casey

i have been hering rumurs about getting your L's

the one I'm woried about is soon you will be on your L's for 2 YEARS and will have to undergo it for 24!! months

can any one verify this and if the rumor is true could you tell me when it will be coming in

thanks c out

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SA rules are 6 months l's + 50 hours of driving + 10 hours night driving. i also think there is a curfew aswell. dunno how that works but yeh. sorry to hijack your thread dude but does anyone know the p1/p2 rules here in SA. pm me or somethin i need ta know.

2 years is just rediculous.

I think 100hrs is bull. Does that mean you need 100hrs with an actual driving school?? Cause back when i learned to drive i learnt thru my parents. They both happened to be driving school instructors bur i didn't go thru a driving school or pay.

Could you imagine how much 100hrs would set you back?? Say a driving lesson costs $40-$50 for an hour. (I donno what the prices are now a days) That would end up costing you $4,000-$5,000. Thats rediculous. Who can afford that.

End Rant

your hours are signed off by the person sitting next to you... the licensed driver responsible. they give a signature and their license number.

I personally think its about time qld fixed up their L's and P's...

i was on my l's for years but when I went for my p's when i finally had a car... No reverse park. no three point turn, no u turn, no nothing.

"turn left, turn right, ok head back now". Apparently I passed with flying colours! That can't be safe.

I think the compulsory hours is a really good idea, back when I did my licence, if you could "drive"* you could still pass your p's test, but that doesn't mean you have enough experience to be on a public road by yourself!!

*I learnt to drive on farms from about age 8, so when I got my l's I was somewhat competent behind the wheel, but I still remember being actually quite scared the first time I pulled ouit onto a public street!!

I don't like the hours system...50 hours is alot, 100 hours is just torture.

I've been on my L's for two years now..and i've only just reached 48 hours, due to not having anyone to teach me and not having the money to afford driving lessons.

I've also heard the rumours about it changing to 24 months minimum, but nothing has been confirmed yet. I'm urging my brother to get his L's before they change the rules and make it even harder to get your license.

I've also heard the rumours about it changing to 24 months minimum, but nothing has been confirmed yet. I'm urging my brother to get his L's before they change the rules and make it even harder to get your license.

The rumours about 2 years etc for Learners in NSW is bullshit. It has been floating around for ages, yet there is no mention of it whatsoever on the RTA website, nor any true info from an official government source. It is just that, a rumour

I think 100hrs is bull. Does that mean you need 100hrs with an actual driving school??

Nah it's just hours with any experienced driver. By the way how do you think they police this. They can't it goes on honesty. So a 20 minute drive is actually a 2 hour drive etc etc. I'm glad i didn have to do this crappy system i passed logbook last yr in 19 days with 3 lessons. Too Easy!!!!

took me 6 times to get my L's and 3 times to get my P's.I'm not gona say I'm the best driver but I'm definatly not the worst.i have become a safer driver since i start driving a fwd car, only 1 mishap so far which is one to many.as soon as you get your P's you should be made to do a defensive driving coarse paid by the government, even the skidpan coarse has helped me a bit. :y: