Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very well done, Chris!

It would be a great idea if you could take a heap of showy photo's at the beach or something for everyone to drool at. :)

Don't forget to have tyre smoke coming out of the rear guards while you're taking the photo, though. :P

Also, have you Dyno'd it or any other kind of performance test yet? Would be glad to hear the results!

Congrats!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Time for an update:

I just got my motor lightly rebuilt. Due to all the smoke it was blowing.

So i pulled the motor out of the car and took it to my mate how rebuilds motors.

IMG_3604.jpg

He stripped it down to see what the problems are, he found that the piston rings were stuffed- the bottom oil ring was seized, the big end bearing were starting to ware down to the copper, some of the rod bolts were stretched and the valve stems needed doing.

The bores were still very good with light scuff marks

IMG_3624.jpg

IMG_3622.jpg

He gave them a light hone and checked the clearances when he put the new piston rings in. The pistons were in very good nick too.

The valves had alot of build up on them from burning oil for a while, this was cleaned before re-assembly

IMG_3626.jpg

Here are is one of the rod bolts and the bearings

IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_0474.jpg

So in the end i got the following done:

New piston rings, Lightly honed the bore, new head gasket, new valve stem seals, new big end bearings, new rod bolts, and some new seals- rear main, front main, cam seals, CAS o ring.

Just some other random pics showing my cams cleaned and water system concerted to RWD:

IMG_0373.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

IMG_3607.jpg

well its back on the road now....got the motor back last weekend. Put it all in, in one day. Then it wouldnt start!

Couldnt find the problem for a couple of days then figured out that my mate put the exhaust cam in up side down, once i fixed that it started with no problems.

Now I'm just starting to run the motor in.

Looking good chris, happy to hear that the rolla is on the road again. Maybe you could bring it along to ke ping it real's meet up which is posted on the events thread. I think its on may 3, I'm going to let all the RadRollaz cru know about it so hopefully we can catch up.

• 3 years later...

Hey Chris, read the whole thread buddy, Awesome work on everything.. as someone else said, good to see things being done right!

Love that colour orange - what is it?

Did the box over your pod filter quieten down the intake noise?

I was suprised at how much whine the super charger makes in kebiin's vidz. Hoping I can get mine to run quieter than that ..maybe just sound deadener under the bonnet for a start.

I'm figuring out A/C,power steer and alternator wheels on my GZE at the moment (going into AE95)

If only I had kebiin down here to do my wiring! :elvis:

Like the guys have said already ..get some pimpin' shots down by the beach at sunset etc.. great car!