Motor Quesion

Teddy

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahahahaha.....hey nick, don't forget me doing the "wanker" sign as well.....he thought his car was cool and loud.....until he came past me....i think i made his ears bleed....thats why he pissed off so fast....

if you guys hadnt been in the road i would have givin him what for....:D

I installed a rpm thingy today in my KE70

have used V-Power fuel from Shell the last month, I don't know if you guys know what that is but it's a sort of fuel with some sort of engine cleaner in it, just like you can buy external and put in your fuel

the last week the engine runs MUCH better, buch better acceleration and it doesn't lagg any longer :D

how high can i rev my 4k engine?

just tested a little today, was about 5500rpm in 2nd gear ( 70-80kph i think )

is it safe to rev it higher? I am wondering about this because now I hear a small noise from the engine, just like a broken part or something, maybe it is the radiator fan or something?

it's hard to explain because of the bad english :\

-David

with a stock motor, rev it until it won't rev anymore, you probably don't have the airflow to get it past 7000rpm anyway

theoretically, you shouldn't rev a 4k past 7600, as the stock crank and rods aren't strong enough to handle that much piston speed. that's just based on a mathematical formula though

that being said, i have taken mine to 8200 a few times, and 8000 alot of times, but i've improved some parts (head, camshaft, valve springs). i know of other improved 4Ks that have been taken to about 8000rpm for several years without a problem. apparently if you rev them past 8000 too much, the blocks crack

Yes it's been on the skidpan once, and it bloody well flies. It's easy to drive, and I even scared myself at the speeds I was hitting, and the one time I did really lose it I was going so fast I ended up way out in the sticks...

According to one of the instructors who drove my car, all it needs now is an LSD and it'll be the easiest thing to drive ever :D