September 12, 200620 yr comment_140464 This is the my dyno graph from the weekend, the motor made 110hp without the turbo, now the turbo is on ive more than doubled my power. The graph is in kph, but it was revved to 7000rpm. Report
September 12, 200620 yr comment_140498 That's a nice figure....so the engine lasted the weekend? Report
September 12, 200620 yr comment_140507 I wonder how long an SR20DE will last being force-fed like that... Edited September 12, 200620 yr by Raven Report
September 12, 200620 yr comment_140511 Geez, gotta be happy with that hey. Very close to your goal of 200KW atw, 30 more and your there :D Though, I bet it's a handful as it is. Report
September 13, 200620 yr comment_140564 Not bad. It'll be interesting to compare figures when I get around to converting my 4A-GZE to turbo. Are you considering running more boost through the GT28RS, or will you be waiting until you drop the compression on the SR20DE a tad? How much compression is it running? Report
September 13, 200620 yr comment_140580 pretty sure its 9:5:1 isnt it? I'm very surpised it hasnt gone KABOOM!! lets hope she keeps going :D Report
September 13, 200620 yr comment_140588 Why is that so surprising? Is the SR20DE really that much weaker than the SR20DET? If you're just thinking it'll blow because of a relatively high static compression ratio of 9.5:1 and 10psi of boost, I can't see it happening (if the engine is anywhere near as strong as an SR20DET). Hell, VW use 10.5:1 compression on the Golf GTi motor, although I don't know how much boost they run. However, I know that tuners have successfully upped the boost and haven't had any issues. 9.5:1 compression and 10psi seems perfectly reasonable to me. Report
September 13, 200620 yr comment_140615 It'd be more of a piston issue and lack of oil squirters that would cause the engine to go bye bye's is what I think would be the cause of running boost on an engine that didnt come out of the factory with a turbo slapped on the side. Report
September 13, 200620 yr Author comment_140629 Not bad. It'll be interesting to compare figures when I get around to converting my 4A-GZE to turbo. Are you considering running more boost through the GT28RS, or will you be waiting until you drop the compression on the SR20DE a tad? How much compression is it running? Yeh, i am building a forged/ h-beam bottom end, so the 28rs will cop 18 pound once that is done. My goal is a reliable 300rwhp so i may have to upgrade from the rs if it runs out of huff. I dare say you would pull similar grunt from the 4a on the same boost, just alot more lag,it would be good to compare. It'd be more of a piston issue and lack of oil squirters that would cause the engine to go bye bye's is what I think would be the cause of running boost on an engine that didnt come out of the factory with a turbo slapped on the side. I doubt the lack of oil squirters is a problem, how many factory turbo motors do you know of that even have oil squirters?? From what ive seen the srde has very little difference from the det, besides the famous oil squirters, it is only the pistons that change, admittedly the det has much heavier and thicker slugs, but this will only be needed if the motor pings or runs lean,which it aint. :D Edited September 13, 200620 yr by oh what a nissan feeling! Report
September 13, 200620 yr comment_140631 Most factory turbo motors have oil squirters I believe... 3SGTE, RBs (bar the 30?), JZ engines etc. Could be wrong however! I remeber reading about some an SR20DE+T in a magazine a while ago, and it was much nicer to drive because of the high comp ratio and pulled an easy 200rwkw with a fair bit of torque! I'll try dig up the article, no idea what mag it was in though :D Report
September 13, 200620 yr comment_140804 Yeh, i am building a forged/ h-beam bottom end, so the 28rs will cop 18 pound once that is done. My goal is a reliable 300rwhp so i may have to upgrade from the rs if it runs out of huff. I dare say you would pull similar grunt from the 4a on the same boost, just alot more lag,it would be good to compare. I had planned on using the GT28RS too, but have now got a standard GTR turbo lined up. I'll be running up to 14psi with that turbo and am hoping to get as much as 180rwkw. When I stroke the motor and get a new turbo (possibly a GT28RS), I'll only be aiming for about 340-350hp at the engine as I'll have to have an air restrictor in preparation for going into Improved Production racing. That'll be about 190-200rwkw (255-275rwhp). Edited September 13, 200620 yr by ancullen Report
September 13, 200620 yr comment_140811 A GTR T28 is a fair bit smaller than SR T28s (Even smaller than T25 and T25Gs). Theyre also ceramic turbine so 14psi to a gentle 16psi is all you'll get out of them. I guess it'll spool pretty quick :D What motors that on ancullen? Report
September 14, 200620 yr comment_140882 It will be going on my 4A-GZE (eventually). I did think 20psi sounded a bit high (I'd heard about the issues with the ceramic turbine). Didn't realise the GTR version was smaller than even a T25 though. I've got a bad feeling about this now. Report
September 14, 200620 yr Author comment_140892 the largest T28 is off the gtir or s15, i think they even have .86 housings, i can't find the book now, so correct me if I'm wrong. Report
September 14, 200620 yr comment_140897 It's not that I want a really big turbo, but I thought the T28 might have just been small for a T28, but larger than a T25. Doesn't really matter anyway, I'll just get it put on, setup, see how much it makes, then work out what turbo will best suit my application later on. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now