Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 months later...

It’s been a long time since I have updated this thread.

A month ago I decided to put a new motor into the car. After driving my mate ae71 with stock 4age I thought that it went a lot better than mine did with the stock computer, stock intake mani and tvis.

I was able to pick up an ae82 for $350 off a mate of a mate, with a good condition motor with low km's for its age. Since I didn’t know how many km's my old 4age had I decided to put the ae82 motor in decoop and return everything back to stock.

My car now has the standard mani cut and shut with TVIS, thermostat with cold start and oil cooler. The car now is very reliable and has a lot more power, plus my heater warms up straight away now with the thermostat.

post-1908-1211343010_thumb.jpg

post-1908-1211343019_thumb.jpg

post-1908-1211343027_thumb.jpg

Since i decided to put the stock mani on instead of the custom one without TVIS that meant that my old brake setup would not fit. This consisted of a firewall mounted brake booster and Mazda 323 duel circuit master cylinder. So i changed it to a single circuit 7/8' master cylinder with remote reservoir and a remote VH40 brake booster off a BMW E12, i went the single circuit so that I could boost both front and rear brakes. The car pulls up so much better with this set up too.

post-1908-1211343035_thumb.jpg

post-1908-1211343044_thumb.jpg

Also I tided up the dash, I blanked off the old radio hole and put in a tacho and built a custom box for a monaro stereo surround with din pocket.

post-1908-1211343000_thumb.jpg

Edited by ChrisGT

Looking good chris :) so when are you going to come on one of the RadRollaz cruzes ? Come on mate kevin has come to all of them so far ! I wana see at least one of your rollaz , they both look very smick. :y:

loving this car: great colour, great wheels, great conversion.

is that a slidey bar type digital tacho?

thanks mate, yeah the tacho is a digital tacho with a little LED shift light....good for when doing those burnouts! hahaha :)

• 4 months later...