My Ke35/55

HEKTIC

well I've decided that i don't want to spend bucked loads on this car so I'm going to go a ghetto panda re-spray using export quality satin black and gloss white so far I'm pretty happy will do more tomorrow and hopefully get some decent pictures because these are shit ones off my phone.

well here we go:

front spoiler in primer

post-2021-1172912182_thumb.jpg

roof 1/3rd done

post-2021-1172912198_thumb.jpg

another shot of roof

post-2021-1172912206_thumb.jpg

and yet another of the roof

post-2021-1172912213_thumb.jpg

front spoiler

post-2021-1172912225_thumb.jpg

another of the spoiler

post-2021-1172912240_thumb.jpg

whole shot of the front spoiler pretty happy

post-2021-1172912247_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

out of all my searches ive never found a bottom lip perfectly straight yet grr

lol that one wasn't perfectly straight either took a little help from Mr. hammer and Mr. Bog to sort it out but all's good now :P

She's coming along quite nicely mate.

Do you think that it is possible to have a set of driving lights customised to fit the apron?? I'd be looking at getting a set made up for the 30 and or 55.

Edited by JiP_01

hmm possibly i wouldn't be overly keen, would depend on design and as for the new paint, it looks very shit I'm going to get a compressor and some cheap acrylic sometime and re-do it because i hate the way it looks! needs to be rubbed back and done propley.

• 1 month later...

an update(kinda):

well after a discussion i had with my mother the other night when she asked why i wasn't working on my car anymore i told her that i didn't know whether to paint it satin black slam it and use it for motokhana's or whether to paint it make it roadworthy, get some rego then sell it, she told me that i should fix it and sell it and i agree with her in a way because i don't really want to waste thousands on THIS car. so hopefully in the coming months she will be rubbed back to bare metal resprayed, purchase and install new water pump, new bearings pressed onto diff, and front brake hose then rego.

so last weekend i slapped some bog on it and fixed some little dents (still not done i need an easer board to sand it propley) and i had my dads mate weld in my non-rusted spare tyre well. picture time:

post-2021-1177916934_thumb.jpg

post-2021-1177916943_thumb.jpg

post-2021-1177916951_thumb.jpg

post-2021-1177916962_thumb.jpg

post-2021-1177916976_thumb.jpg

post-2021-1177916986_thumb.jpg

post-2021-1177916993_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hey,

Well its been ages since i updated this, i haven't really done anything to her lately, i bought some paint, primer etc etc while i was in Melbourne, and I've sanded a bit of bog this weekend, so I'll let the pictures and further captions do the talking!

back view, note the "PSI-035" that casey kindly drew for me =P

a side view of a biggish dent that ive filled and been sanding, it began to rain, so i primed it and left it, still a little way to go on that one

post-1158-1187074624_thumb.jpg

couple of smaller dents that were in the door, filled, sanded, and primed to keep the water out for now (black markings show other dents)

post-1158-1187074639_thumb.jpg

what needs to be removed from the garage so i can put my car in and spray it! Do people think its big enough? (note the mgb has a nice 2 pak paint job from a far, but has stacks of orange peel when you look closely, and we are only baby sitting it for a family friend, and the other POS is dads latest VOLOV)

post-1158-1187074653_thumb.jpg

and finally my paint "AB - Fireball" its ment to be the standard colour, and looks like it will be about right!

post-1732-1187075192_thumb.jpg