1st Corolla In Australia?

TOM

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Does anyone know if the first Corolla into Australia is still alive? I know a while ago Scott (ROL-110) was using engine or chassis numbers to find out the oldest corolla on Rollaclub, but there must still be so many more hidden around the country....

I just heard an interesting story - apparently an old gentleman in SA (Olary or Manna Hill, apparently lives at an old bakery across from a scungy house full of old wrecks) has a Corolla off of the first shipment, 12,000 miles from new. Apparently he's fully enclosed it in a bricked up old bakery room (4 brick walls, no entrance)!! Evidently he wanted to make sure "no-one else got their hands on it"!!

Can anyone validate this story?

Members dont see this ad

bricked it up? why? i don't really see the point if he loved it that much surely he would want to at least sit in every now and then. i know two mates dads who have a 3rd gen rx7 and '94 wrx both immaculate with less than 10 000kms which just sit in the garage.

Does anyone know if the first Corolla into Australia is still alive? I know a while ago Scott (ROL-110) was using engine or chassis numbers to find out the oldest corolla on Rollaclub, but there must still be so many more hidden around the country....

I was doing that too. Click the link in my sig. (The one on the right)

It sounds like a mythical beast locked away never too see sunlight!

I reckon someone has just got drunk and told you the biggest load of bullshit

and hes probably suprised you even believed him!

but hey don't give up

hope goodluck with the witch hunt...... :n: ahahahahhaaha :D

:2thumbs:

there was a story in the mopar mag about a guy who went out and bought a fully loaded '78 volare/aspen kit car

he instructed the dealership NOT to start or drive the car, and to call him when the truck was due.

he then loaded it into a sealed trailer and took it to body shop to have the decals applied

then he parked the sealed trailer in a climate controlled barn for 20 years and decided to haul his "mummy" to car shows

it only has 2 miles on it and cost almost $9,000usd new, more than a standard coupe de ville in that day

frankly, i think it's a waste of a car

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I just heard an interesting story - apparently an old gentleman in SA (Olary or Manna Hill, apparently lives at an old bakery across from a scungy house full of old wrecks) has a Corolla off of the first shipment, 12,000 miles from new. Apparently he's fully enclosed it in a bricked up old bakery room (4 brick walls, no entrance)!! Evidently he wanted to make sure "no-one else got their hands on it"!!

Can anyone validate this story?

Jip was the one doing that. I would be interested though.

Its an interesting story but i doubt it's true... I don't even think it would be worth the effort. If it was true, he could maybe get like $6 grand for it if he was lucky, but no one would pay any more than that.

would they?

Scott.

Speaking of rare/ overrated Corollas.

There is one in a local caryard here in Tassie for $2990!!! Its the light green colour, about a 1976/77, auto, and its IMMACULATE!! Full chrome bumpers don't even have a dent in them!! I should go and get some pics, but it sure is in perfect condition... It doesn't even have the front apron dented!!!

Pretentious fools

Thats a bit harsh isn't it?? :2thumbs:

I not completely sure why you'd brick-in a Corolla for preservation purposes (unless it was a genuine Levin, a prototype or an ex-works rally car, but at the same time you can't blame someone for trying to increase the life expectancy/ preserve something that they really enjoy.