Project 10.

TheNOBBLER

Well, as some would say, its about time.

I'm back in a Rolla!

I have always been a fan ok early Rollas and dfunkt swayed me even more when he started playing with his old 20, so it was only a matter of time before I found something to play wioth once more.

After a chat to TE278U (thankyou cheif, bloody legend) I picked up one of his three ke11's he has (I think hes a ke1x man, hes still got 4 of them!) on Saturday and got to work today cleaning it up and throwing a set of rx7 wheels on it I picked up from dfunkts place and got it running. I'm not sure how long its been sitting but it runs well after a coil, carb and dizzy change.

Heres some pics for a start.

Ready to go

IMG_0319.jpg

Couldnt have been happier when I found what looks to be ke20 brakes :dance:

IMG_0325.jpg

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

Started work on the dash today as well, have a bunch of guages to throw in the dash but don't want them hanging off it everywhere.... so I will put them in it.

IMG_0330.jpg

I wasnt quick enough to pack them in the boot without TE278U seeing me :y: Will be looking for something similar down the track. Love these wheels.

IMG_0318.jpg

As the photos show, shes got a decent speed wobble down the drivers rear quater to sort out but its nothing major and it has a couple of rust spots to sort out.

Will be getting treated to a coat of paint after said body repairs then getting stuck into a retrim, I have to pick up a 5k for it to build and might have myself a set of 40mm dellortos dor it as well.

Theres a fair list to get done but it will be n the road club plated by late this year, will be track oriented but will be used for alot of club cruises etc as well. Going to be alot of fun!

WIll be a little while before major work gets done as I still have to finish truboing my AP5 'Goon and build my shed to do all of this in! Will be a quick build once I get started on the 11.

Cheers,

JP

Edited by TheNOBBLER

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers philby, I miss having something thet revs past 4k and that can be thrown around, this will fill a rather large gap!

Johno your right, GOR4 would be great! I got it running yesterday and instantly thought about it, Then I had a look at it again and got over it! Will be taking the wagon down the ocean road instead.

I forgot to mention the challenge has been set to have it painted, trimmed, dellorto'd (maybe 5k'd and 5speeded, and I know that's not a word :y: ), the suspension sorted and club plated for less than 2k... Obviously not including some labor tradeoffs I will be doing.

Will see how close I come!

Will be prepping for paint myself under the guidance of a good mate who will do the final prep and paint at my place, will be trimming it myself in factoryish red with some te278u inspirations :dance: , wheels... Might borrow some :y: , engine will be built here too but I may use the 4k/4speed in it for starters then swap to the built 5k & 5 speed. Suspension and exhaust (if I have enough in the budget) will be farmed out to mates as well.

Going to be a fun time when I start putting it back together.

JP

If your going to pull the car apart please, "PLEASE" have lots of little boxes and glad zip bags and a massive roll of labels and when you pull something off label it and include a number. That way when it comes to putting it back together you can count down from 327, 326, 325, etc. I wish some told be that before i pulled mine apart :D

CHeers Johno, don't think I will be going to that much trouble, wil most likely be semi stripped in a weekend, prepped for pain the next then painted the one after that! Will be done pretty quickly... if not as quick as I say it will be pretty close.

Adam, its a different way to tie something down! Not being a car trailer there was no way to strap the diff etc down so over they went. Doesnt do damage provided you don't go to tight, mind you, if it had decent paint I wouldnt have even thought about it! I brought a car home from Mildura like that!

And just for Tate, remembered about the pics after I was... reminded...

102_1577.jpg

102_1580.jpg

102_1581.jpg

102_1582.jpg

JP

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I missed those posts, sorry!

Yeah, Mel wasn't... And still isn't to impressed. And you can't forget that she still didn't know about it when I went on the GOR trip! Had some interesting conversations!

All in all it went... Ok... I think... But it's staying :)

Haven't had time (or a place) to work on it but it won't be long. I have new wheels for it, the dash is currently being reworked and well, that's it at the moment. Will get it running properly with the single carb on it shortly and build my exhaust. Should be fun :)

JP

'Rather conveniently', I got my KE15 from Adam whilst my wife was interstate. Put it away in the yard and kept quiet. After a month she still hadn't noticed it. When I couldn't withhold my excitement any longer, initially she was moderately annoyed. But since her standard argument against buying new cars is essentially, "where are you going to put it", she was already screwed - and knew it.

Now she is quite supportive of the whole thing. BUT, recently I pointed out a KE15 wreck on ebay bemoaning the fact it was so far away. She snapped! "If it was on the other side of XXXXXXX Rd (very close) you wouldn't be buying it!"

Mind you, she is off overseas three times this year, so who knows what may happen.