What Do You Think

Lukey

Hi all well i have a problem i am 6ft 5 and a corolla isnt the best car for me but i still love them. The problem i have is that the seat doesnt go back enough i was wondering if any of you have the same problem and if your have any ideas. So far i have though of getting more seat rails and then welding them onto the seat but I'm not sure.

any imput would help thanks Lukey :)

Members dont see this ad

If you weld or mod seat rails in any way other than stock form you need a mod plate for it to be legal in Qld but I'm not sure about SA, It might be the same down there.

Edited by too quick

lol, stupid blue plate for seats, pfft, i modded corolla seats into a lada niva :jamie:

umm

not sure what you drive. but in the ke70 the seat rails at the front hook over the centre bar thingo and then have brackets out to the side at the rear.

if yours are the same, have you considered chopping the front one and adding extra length, and then chopping and relocating the rear mounts?

this is a good idea, might do this with my own tomorrow, (I'm under 6ft and the accord seats in my ke70 don't go back far enough, then again i drive all the way back with stock seats...i feel for you oh lofty one :jamie: )

if you get pics of your rails i may be more help.

only issue with this will be less range in the forward movement, but seriously, unless your a 4'8 u don't need to go so far forward !

yeah i drive a ke35 coupe and that is the only problem with the corollas the fact that they are made for people that have a problem with there height (soz for u shortys out there) ill try and get pics and then the after pics as well thanks Luke :jamie:

yeah i drive a ke35 coupe and that is the only problem with the corollas the fact that they are made for people that have a problem with there height (soz for u shortys out there) ill try and get pics and then the after pics as well thanks Luke :jamie:

I'm 6'2" and fit in the KE55 fine, I just have to make sure the seat is all the way back and reclined slightly. Pretty comfortable, although a lot more knees-up than the AE102, don't have to worry about hands hitting thighs when using the steering wheel

• 1 year later...

I'm 186cm, don't know what that is in feet but i started to have the same problem. i live in sa and let me just say who gives a toss about the cops. its sa, they wont pull you over and say "oy, your ke55 seat has been moded, do you have a slip for that" hahaha yea righ pigy.

i put in ke70 seats and moded the adjusting rail. the seats are 1/4 biger and 1/2 the weight so for the 2 ke70 seats = 1 ke55 seat and they sit lower, more suport on your back and sides through hard cornering. i also put on a "real" race wheel about 2"diam smaller than stock so it wont hit my knees in a slide (atempt).

if you don't want to do that i THINK a ke70 wheel fits right on and is smaller and stronger so pigy can't complain.

surely its better than starting a new topic?

Also i don't have seats in my rolla atm, project lol so i got soooo much room haha.

Jokes aside, in my old KE30 4 door, it was ok, I'm 6.2, i had a sport wheel, but was still a larger one so it still hit my legs sometimes.

in the new rolla i got a smaller wheel, which also has a bit offset, sits further away from the dash and closer to me, will let ya know whats it like when i got seats in lol

Dan

pretty good topic I'm having trouble with my ae71 where my rh nee hits the steering wheel if i try to heel n toe

need smaller steering wheel ?

seat closer to floor pan ?

does an AE86 seat sit closer to the floor ?