• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are 3 type of SSR mesh style wheels i know of

Formula Mesh - Stepped dish

Reverse Mesh- flat from the mesh to the outer lip

Formula Star - Which you have, and there is a possibility they are the same as revers mesh, as i am yet to see a difference in them. (could be a name given to them, because it looks like the reverse side of a rim)

who cares tho, they look hot and I'm jealous ahha

cheers

matt

There are 3 type of SSR mesh style wheels i know of

Formula Mesh - Stepped dish

Reverse Mesh- flat from the mesh to the outer lip

Formula Star - Which you have, and there is a possibility they are the same as revers mesh, as i am yet to see a difference in them. (could be a name given to them, because it looks like the reverse side of a rim)

who cares tho, they look hot and I'm jealous ahha

cheers

matt

Cool, thanks for the info! it does look like they are the same though hey!

Thanks Philbey - looking forward to getting them on the car this week - looks like i've got a buyer for the hotwires so thats good too - pays for the tyres :y:

Organised some rubber for the new toys this arvo - was just gonna go for some Nankang's, but ended up going with some Sumitomo Tyres that are made in japan - apparently alot better than the nankangs - i know stuff all about tyres, so who am i to argue, and were only $15 more each.

post-1017-1221650131_thumb.jpg

Edited by turbo_rolla

yeah mate, they're bigguns :) 185x60x14s - was gonna go for 175's but they didnt have any there ;) figured a slightly higher profile tyre would make it look a touch lower until i slap some lower springs in it - was running 60's on the hotwires, so not much of a change

Um, they were $90 each i think

nah, they don't quite fill the guards - got the flared guards up front and they are inside them by a little, and a bit of room up back, which is good though as i couldnt have anyone in there before as it'd scrub - will get some pics up tonight, but it'll be with the standard springs in the rear. Wanted something a bit narrower though, so I'm glad there's a little bit of room there :)

Getting some 210mm 7kg springs for the beast in the next couple of weeks :y: :o :bash: wont be put in until after regency obviously, but looking fowrard to dropping the car a little extra in the front! will see if the kyb's keep them captive (one the road) and decide whether to go for short strokes etc then. Will also get some pics of the wheels on there in a few weeks after its all back in, as i'll have a better idea of how it all sits when its dropped back to "normal" height! Also got another set of standard rear springs lined up (that are the same free height this time :sob: ), so getting closer to being ready for regency

With my Celica short stroke shocks, they don't keep the 210mm springs captive at all. You'll be able to make it captive if you put the spacer between the gland nut and shock though (mines currently sitting with spacer at bottom).

Here's a picture to show you what to expect with your springs. I'm running 210mm 8kg, so yours will be slightly lower.

8kg002eo4.jpg

With my Celica short stroke shocks, they don't keep the 210mm springs captive at all. You'll be able to make it captive if you put the spacer between the gland nut and shock though (mines currently sitting with spacer at bottom).

Here's a picture to show you what to expect with your springs. I'm running 210mm 8kg, so yours will be slightly lower.

8kg002eo4.jpg

Cool, thanks Adam - you're running st204's in yours arent you, or ST185? What do you mean by putting a spacer between the gland nut and shock (like t3 gland nut style???). I do like that height though :y:

THis is the info i got on shocks off kyb website

AE86 Standard Part No.: 365015 Cartridge Length: 400mm Cartridge O.D.: 43mm Compressed Length: 416mm Uncompressed Length: 604mm

ST204 Celica Part No.: 365092 Cartridge Length: 333mm Cartridge O.D.: 43mm Compressed Length: 355mm Uncompressed Length: 519mm AGX Part No.:765017

SW20 MR2 Rear Part No.: 365100 Cartridge Length: 360mm Cartridge O.D.: 43mm Compressed Length: 370mm Uncompressed Length: 542mm AGX Part No.:765016

I'm running the ST185's. Part number 365077. 490mm extended, 346mm compressed. Cartridge size is 332mm with an OD of 44mm.

post-4793-1221994815_thumb.jpg

Taking a look at that beautiful paint work of mine, the black box is strut, red box is shock, silver is the spacer, the blue colour thing is the gland nut. I hope you can kind of see where I'm getting at. :y: