Wheel Sizing

joohhnn

Members dont see this ad
Yep... they should fit and shouldn't affect the speedo... both have 13"x5 steelies as standard... 4x100 pcd

13's :P

What sort of car does this guy have, If its an AE82 I think you will find that they are 14's and i am 100% sure the 93 rolla had 14's.

No, mate, your wrong

They had 13's. (93 rolla)

Yes, they'll fit your car. No, it won't interfere with your speedo enough to be noticable.. is your car an AE82? They'll fit no worries on it, but if its a KE70 you may have offset issues.

Dan

No, mate, your wrong

They had 13's. (93 rolla)

Yes, they'll fit your car. No, it won't interfere with your speedo enough to be noticable.. is your car an AE82? They'll fit no worries on it, but if its a KE70 you may have offset issues.

Dan

Pov pack corollas had 13's but i can't think of a rolla that (post 85) that only came out in 13's.

Simple solution ....

John the stud pattern is the same - so if you look at both sets of tyres and they are the same diameter/profile/width then there is no change to the speedo. Otherwise you'll need to check the rolling circumference to make sure they are basically the same around the outside.

Use this link to do your calculations (Website)

or this link on SuperJamies website (Excel File)

Pov pack corollas had 13's but i can't think of a rolla that (post 85) that only came out in 13's.

Dude... I've owned several. I own one now. They're 13's.

14" alloys were optional on gti and seca models. 14" steelies became standard in the late 90's. Regardless, they will all have the same overall diameter as the 14's are a lower profile tyre.

Overerall diameter only changed (marginally) with the zze's and 15" steelies.

whack em on

as for the wheel size debate, i can tel lyou that AE82/AE80's had 13's, AND 14's, 14's i believe were optioal, but they came with BOTH.

same again with AE92, pov pack models had 13's, SX/GTi, RV had 14's with smaller tyres.

any 4AGE factory car had 14's in hese 2 models

Thank you

85 model.. could that be late ae71?

if so the stud pattern and offset are up the shitter. fwd corollas have a weird stud pattern and don't fit later OR earlier KE's. ive tried a few times :P

heres an idea john.. jack a back wheel up on both cars and try swapping wheels. if it fits, and turns properly and looks good, go with it!

Edited by MRMOPARMAN

85 model.. could that be late ae71?

if so the stud pattern and offset are up the shitter. fwd corollas have a weird stud pattern and don't fit later OR earlier KE's. ive tried a few times :P

heres an idea john.. jack a back wheel up on both cars and try swapping wheels. if it fits, and turns properly and looks good, go with it!

It could be a KE70 or an AE71, The AE80/2 didnt start till April 1985, I have:

Car: AE82

Year: 1985

Shape: SECA CSX

Series: 1

Colour: GREEN

Decals: NONE

Engine: 57kW 4AC

Interior: Standard Blue/Grey

Year: 1986

Shape: SECA TC

Series: 1

Colour: RED

Decals: SMALL - Rear Quarters

Engine: 86kw 4AGE

Interior: Standard Blue/Grey

Year: 1987

Shape: SECA TC

Series: 2

Decals: SMALL - Rear Doors

Engine: 86kw 4AGE

Interior: None

***SOLD***

Year: 1987

Shape: CS SECA - 4AGTE Project

Series: 2

Decals: None

Engine: 0kw 4AGZE (GTE)

Interior: Grey

***SOLD***

post-1373-1165484598_thumb.jpg

All of these have 14" mags (Twincam/CS-X WHEELS) whereas the C, CS had the steelies.

john

hhmmm 1 post, wonder if john will continue to be on and join the rollaclub team... looks like he haas been on resently to check this thread maybe..

i think its silly how you guys argue about things as what size wheels came on what, these no need to slam each others faces in the mud. why can't we all just get along...

Edited by tas_ae71