Board Upgrade

irokin

I've just upgraded from IPB version 2.1.7 to the new 2.2.0. Unfortunatly it didnt go without hiccups.

Due to the new software having a slightly different template handling system as well as new features the old templates no longer work completely and correctly. I will attempt to get the new template back to something that resembles the old board. Also we have found the personal photos no longer work. This is because they changed the directory of the photos along with how the database handles them. Moving the files to this folder does not rectify the problem. We do still have the images so if you no longer have a copy you can contact myself and I'll send it too you.

Another minor change is that "Last online" no longer shows in the topic view. I may try and fix this but its not high on my list.

Any other issues don't hesitate to contact myself.

Cheers,

Ben

Edit (21/12/06):

Upgraded again to version 2.2.1 which was released a couple of days ago. Let us know of any new or persisting problems.

Bug fix list can be found here: http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?showtopic=230902

Members dont see this ad

Theres all kinds of things floating around. Ive not had a chance to look at them all yet.

New features announcement on IPS board. http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?showtopic=226814

Edit: Looks like some emoticons are missing at the moment. I'll try and rectify this.

Edit 2 minutes later: Emoticons fixed :'(

<script src="http://images.projectstripe.com/snow.js"></script>

Err??? not trying to be clever now are we??

While I'm posting... There is a bug with the emails being sent out. The from headers are leeching into the body of the email. The emails are still readable just not behaving correctly. IPB have apparently done an extensive rewrite of their email code and its not playing nice with our server along with numerous other installations on other servers....yet Invision can't replicate the issue.

While I'm posting... There is a bug with the emails being sent out. The from headers are leeching into the body of the email. The emails are still readable just not behaving correctly. IPB have apparently done an extensive rewrite of their email code and its not playing nice with our server along with numerous other installations on other servers....yet Invision can't replicate the issue.

Ive fixed this by substituting the old 2.1.7 email class. It works...for now, at least until IPB comes up with a fix for it. Report any abnormality's with email behavior.

No other issues?

• 2 weeks later...

Just one...

When you upload attachments and don't load them into the thread, they all sit side by side and make the page

really <--------------------------> wide. Is there a way to make them sit underneith eachother?? I only say this

cause i went and had a look over my rides thread and found all the pics have been moved out and lined up at

the bottom of the posts.

Also with picture attachments, we use to be able to select anywhere in out post and drop the pic in there, now

it automaticly goes infront of all the text at the very beginning. Is there anyway to change it back??

Thanks,

J

Edited by JiP_01

Link me to examples....

Also with picture attachments, we use to be able to select anywhere in out post and drop the pic in there, now

it automaticly goes infront of all the text at the very beginning. Is there anyway to change it back??

You still can you're just not looking hard enough :D Attachments without a placement still go to the bottom of the post by default.