Super Chargers

camerondownunder88

Hi,

I'm just wanting information on the super charges that were straped to the 4agze motor or any other toyota super charger.

The purpose is that I need about 200 CFM at about 1-2 PSI to start my jet engine minimum. I have researched some SC and found they will do this easily but I want something compact so I instantly though about the toyota one. So if anyone can shed some light on how much air one of these babies can push what is the max pressure etc it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Cameron

Members dont see this ad

Ive herd of sc12's (4agze model sc) holding 13 psi for a few years.

SC14's (1ggze model sc)pump more air and turn slower than the SC12 so inturn are better. correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by too quick

HAHAH you are right raven this will probably be like trying to find a compressor map for a turbo. MMM hard as most companies don't release them as it is there secret on how there turbo works so they are rare. Makes life hard when building jets with no compressor map..lol

Cameron

Hey, MR2 AW11's had the 4AGZE's, and there's tons of info available on the net to do with MR2's most of the people whoo have them are as passionate about them as us rolla owners :ninja:

I'd think a quick search might produce some info (but I just can't be bothered doing it!)

Lesley :hmm:

Thanks Ill google MR2's and see what I can get.

Ben with the leaf blower lets just say my GT idles at 5PSI with an extra 2PSI in the exhaust so I run about 7 PSI total pressure at start up. I can start the jet with the leaf blower BUT it is a slow spool up and it wet starts adn temps get up to about 1500 degrees + so I well risk melting shit then. So if I had a source of air and at pressure it will be better and a faster spool as my leaf blower only gets the compressor spinning to about 5,000 RPM and the jet idles at 30,000 RPM so they just can't cut it. Also my leaf blower I tested it for pressure and it make 0.3PSI so there a bit low. And the biggest sthil leaf blower on there market only makes 0.6 PSI with mods so I think a supercharger setup will be better.

Cameron

hehehe Yeah leaf blower was doing great for a while till I decided to add back pressure as I used to run 0PSI and not the LB just can't do it :ninja: As mmm starting with a leaf blower now is umm exciting to say the least..lol starts take ages temps woo well lets not say so mmm need a big source of air..lol And belive it or not my BRAND new huge air comp is the biggest before it goes to 3 phase power motors and umm full pressure on the jet nozzle. It can't even make the compressor move so it is also out as many people have said use an aircompressor..lol

But heres some numbers for some light reading..lol

My jet kart at idle will be flowing ~200 cubic ft per minute ( 0.25 lbs/sec ).

If I used a supercharger supplying that 200 cu ft/m and running at a poor 50% efficiency and say 2 psi output pressure , I'd have a 20 deg C temp rise through the blower and would need ~13 bhp to drive it .

But I'll only be needing <1psi (lowest possible will be about 0.5 PSI), that will cut the power requirement to ~6 bhp and say a 10 deg rise , and at such low pressures hopefully the leakages and efficiency would be better so maybe only a 7or 8 deg C rise and only ~4 bhp needed .

So I'm thinking a decent sized truck starter motor driving my supercharger for starts which will be measured in seconds , and your trusty leafblower for those longer cooldowns of the engine as when they are sut off jets need to becooled :-))

Cameron

see how much the big industrial blowers are, as in the things they use for jumping castlse and shit, as it may be a hell off a lot less dicking around

just a thought (and yes it hurt)

Edited by pozman

Firstly, congrats on what your doing. DIY jet powered go-kart is awesome.

An SC12 should easily provide 200cfm at anything up to 14psi. The pressure is only a measurement of resistance to airflow.

A leaf blower might be capable of providing 200cfm+ with no opposition to flow but that wont help you much.

You'll need one hell of a drive ratio to use a truck starter motor to drive an SC12. Truck starter motors are generally built for torque not RPM

Have you got any shaft drive options for starting?

Also just a cautionary note, TGT readings of 1500deg are rather abnormal and dangerous.

Good luck.

post-2084-1166784233.jpg