Ke70 In Trinidad,west Indies

ca18de in a ke70

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah well i guess if the CA is in there, the SR should fit just as easily...

Is your car factory automatic? Or has it only been auto since the CA was put in? If you go with an SR20 I'd highly recommend going to manual... you'll have a lot more fun :hmm:

Trinidad and Tobago are beautiful by the way.... I travelled through there years ago... from Caracas, right through the west indies... Barbados, Martinique, Antigua, Puerto Rico, Haiti (scary place!) to Jamaica... In trinidad I stayed a few days near diego martin... you know it? I really liked it there I want to go back one day.... sooo much good spicy food..... *drool*

thanks teddy...i wanna go manual but getting parts for the CA real hard hence I'm leaning towards the SR cuz parts for any part of that engine is available sooo SRRRRR...lol

7shades i know diego martin my girlfriend is from there....lol...i am glad u loved ur stay but crime has engulfed our small island..kidnappings are common now.....its hurts me to say that but its all happening now...well back to the ke....its factory automatic so swappin in the ca wasnt much of a hassle.....i was reading on some topics and i wanna ask if the manual transmission is hydraulic for the SR??...i also read that a AE71 hydraulic setup can work but would have to be fitted to the slave cylinder or something so???

u are right 7shades cuz i remember someone saying that....but an SR should fit snug in the engine bay right??...the radiator came with the same engine..the person was kind-hearted to give it to me...u like the extractors though??....

The extractors are grouped incorrectly. I bet it sounds like a WRX?? 2 + 3 should be grouped together and 1 + 4

SR clutch is hydraulic and located on the right (drivers side).

you can use a pedal box out of an ae71 and the hydraulic clutch master cylinder, then you just have to fit it up to the proper slave cylinder for the sr gearbox.

on the note of sr gearboxes they are bloody huge things, and if i guess correctly, the shifter will come up through the support thingo that goes across the floor from one side to the other.

if you have to cut the hole here, you have to strengthen the cut away support if not your floor will go even more flimsy than what 25 year old corollas already are

its growls like one lol.......grouped incorrectly??...gezz the service u get here is ridicous.....one the ride side hmmmmmm.....does that spell trouble or just a lil more work and it will fit??....Was i correct with the AE71 hydraulic setup though??....i am learning so much on this site that i am impressed......hey my msn address is [email protected]

i would love to start chattin with anyone here....and if u want to add me..plz feel free.....

i just read the pinned topic of a 4AG in KE70.....i was wondering bout fitting a 4AG 20V FWD in the ke70....would i lose out on any power or should i stick with the SR20??....i would have to convert the FWD to RWD...I'm wondering if its worth it??...cuz i can get a 4AG 20V FWD since its just the RWD thats impossible to get here....

that makes sense love ke70...it doesnt really make sense to drop in displacement from a 1.8 to a 1.6.....its possible to turbo a supercharged engine from toyota cuz i know nissan did it with the superturbo march engine MA09ERT..here are some of its stats...

Engine specification: MA09ERT

Air cooled intercooler

Water cooling serial 4 cylinder engines

Total cubic displacement: 930㏄

Combustion chamber form: Semi- globose

Valve: SOHC(single over head cam)

Cylinder distance: 66.0mm×68.0mm ( bore

Compression ratio: 7.7:1

The highest output (net) (ps/rpm): 110ps at 6400rm

Largest torque (kgm/rpm): 13.3kgm at 4800rpm

Fuel consumption rate (g/ps h)/(rpm): 255/1200

Engine Size (length ## width ## height) (mm): 705mm×575mm×680mm,

Service weight (kg): M/T approximately 111kg (MT car)

this engine here is like gold here in trinidad....its a top seller....lol

i will ask around in my local forum bout the 4AGZE engine and parts availabilty and do some research into the engine specs etc.......

• 2 weeks later...

with the turbo 4agze, all you need do is unbolt the supercharger and get a turbo and turbo manifold and do the associated piping for air, oil and water. using both supercharger and turbo would not be easy.

you could even just use the supercharger, depends how much power you are after.

but i think forced induction is what every ke70 needs :)