Pirelli Dragon

Jono

hi,

i just had two tyres replaced with Pirelli Dragon, 185 60 R14. i'm a bit disappointed with the amount of sidewall flex compared to the Falkens i had before. I'm sure the Pirellis will be better in the wet than the Falken though.

I will have to replace the other two Falkens pretty soon, and wondering what people thought of different sorts of tyres.

Members dont see this ad

I would have said Yokohama A539's as an awesome allround performer with very good mileage, but they have been phased out. Check out their replacements, the Yokohama C-drive in the size you are after.

Edited by Felix

hey i also looked at tyres for a while and concluded my search at kumho ku31's for performance, tyre life and fairly low cost as well as a large range. they basically superseed kumho 712's which were a well known tyre. wrote a list of contenders which i might post up :P

I would have said Yokohama A539's as an awesome allround performer with very good mileage, but they have been phased out. Check out their replacements, the Yokohama C-drive in the size you are after.

C drives are the shiznit.....i have them on my car atm....bloody good tyres for the price. nice and grippy in the wet and also in the dry.....not too much sidewall flex either.

i picked up my new rims today: Saab steelies 15" x 5.5".

i could see the bridgestones on their website but couldn't find the Yokohama C-drives on their website. roughly how much are these tyres going to cost me?

i'm going to get them sandblasted and then paint them silver (same silver as the light surrounds).

i picked up my new rims today: Saab steelies 15" x 5.5".

i could see the bridgestones on their website but couldn't find the Yokohama C-drives on their website. roughly how much are these tyres going to cost me?

i'm going to get them sandblasted and then paint them silver (same silver as the light surrounds).

I got quoted $157 for the Yokohama S drives in 195/50 15. S Drives are claimed to be a better tyre than the C drives, when talking about performance. Pirelli Dragons were also recommended and quoted at $129.

I currently have Yokohama AVS ES100 on my Corolla. 195/50 15 all round, and $160 per tyre. The best tyres i have ever owned. Super grippy in the dry, and amazingly grippy in the wet........on the rare occassion that it rains these days. I was actually getting quotes for these exact tyres to go onto my daily, but unfortunately they don't make them anymore.

Fot those that are missing the A539's. Have you looked into their other tyres like these.Yokohama

Edited by kangaroosa