Last Chance Learners.

Des

i think its a bit harsh that you guys are saying they should never drive, having had my licence disqualified for 15months ive felt both sides of it, it changes your life, you lose your independance and, i know how hard it is trying to work, go to uni and even build a car without my licence, before all you guys say they should never drive think about what happens and i think its actually a good idea teaching learners because ive seen a hell of a lot of mates and been in the car with them crash because they do not know how to control a vehicle,

good on them i hope they get their licences, and remember half the kids here don't have their licences either

I havent drivin a car on the road for 5 months, I don't own a registed car well until later today anyway, It does make transport a bit harder but you get use to it and i bet some of those learners will get use to it aswell.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sbox. have you ever driven a ford transit or merc sprinter? they are IMPOSIBLE to see out of if you are reversing and you are looking for oncoming traffic. you generally have a look around the van before you go to spot any obstacles, but thats only handy for things that arent moving. basically you can see behind you fine, but over your left shoulder, (the way you need to look to see if there is anyone coming that you could back into,) you can't see anything!!! you can see straight out the passenger window, but thats generally not where the road is now is it... i used to swing the other way enough before backing into traffic so i could see. most vans have really good turning circles so even at a funny angle i was able to reverse out and stay in my own lane. btw, those little mirrors on the back of some are not for looking down the road. its so we can see how far from the loading dock we are...

cheers.

ps. anastasios, ive lost my licence twice and still think these people should not be driving. as stated clearly in my previous post lol.

You think driving a van is bad......think about the truckies that have an 8 foot blind spot behind them, then you have the fact of B-doubles. :)

Btw, havent watched the show, don't wanna watch it......cause no doubt these are the people that i will abuse for driving their little excel POS with the rear fog light on in the daytime...that is, if they don't cause a multicar pileup first....friggen hopeless.

Try punting around in a 77 seat tour bus, which is so long that there are certain streets I am not permittted to drive on. Now THERE'S some blind spots. Mind you, being the biggest non-articulated vehicle on the road generally means anything smaller than a kenworth gets the f@$k outta MY way.

I also drive a Hiace commuter and I can vouch for the blind spot dilemma... you've pretty much gotta just grit your teeth and slowly reverse out of the carpark/driveway and hope the moron in the lane of traffic realises you have no windows and can't see them coming.

Unlike the stupid stupid stupid girl who a couple of years ago stubbornly ploughed into me even though she saw me reversing... her argument? She had right of way. (The court ruled in my favour... hehehe suck that you silly fat tart)

Hey woodstock did you know that it you give that mirror a good flogging you can actually angle it to see traffic coming from the left? But its pretty much useless due to its size and its difficult to gauge distance as its convex.

driving their little excel POS with the rear fog light on in the daytime

That is one of my pet hates. Most of the time these people don't know what the switch that turns it on is and don't realise its on.

It bugs the crap out of me.

i've seen 2 this weekend, and both were NSW drivers......both had them on just on dusk....when its incredibly hard to see anyway let alone with a blinding light shining in your face. I get the shits with them, and i turn my high beams on if there is no one else in front of me....either A: they have no idea why i have my high beams on.....or B: they turn the fog light off straight away. you would think they would read the manual to find out what the switches do before you drive the car.....

There was no blind spot in the Toll van, the bloke was talking on the phone and writing on his clipboard. No looky no seey. I have driven trucks and buses and I have had runs ins with the out and out useless. I had a women in a Hyundi Excel change lanes into the side of my FJ55 Landcruiser ute, but this is the best one I have heard of.

When I was doing my apprenticeship, one of the other 2nd years came to work one morning and told us of a crash his mother had. She was in a Datsun 1200 sedan and took off from the lights on Hook Rd/ Stuart Highway, straight into the front of the second trailer of a BP fuel tanker.

It was a triple!!!!!

The cop :) asked whether her clutch had failed or her brakes and she said..............

The lights went green so I took off.

The cop said

what about the road train :yes:

and she said..............................

I didn't see it. :sob:

True story.

Don't pick me up for my lack of colons etc, I couldn't be bothered

This week on last chance learners:

Lets run up a gutter and nail the throttle and run into a pole causing the air bags to be released. Well done top effort.

This week on last chance learners:

Lets run up a gutter and nail the throttle and run into a pole causing the air bags to be released. Well done top effort.

yeah HAHAHA well she gets to drive an auto now!

oh and asians taking a comment out of context FTW... friggin frustrating show

I have a new idea for this show. The "contestants" are given a convertible with 5 kilos of cocaine in the boot, and placed at one end of the lowest level of an open-cut mine site. Very shortly thereafter, a pack of 20 abused and neglected ex-police german shepherds are let loose from the other end of the mine.

In this way, the "contestant" either learns the f@$k to drive and escapes, or is ravaged by a pack of dogs.

This is a win win situation for everyone...

The dogs provide slightly more incentive to learn to drive than a Hyundai Getz ffs

If the dogs kill them, we have one less USELESS braindead idiot on the roads

The TV ratings would go through the roof

SEE!!! everyone's happy :jamie:

I have to agree with HIRO on this one. I mean, most people on this website have been spelling for years and still can't manage to string together a sentence without a spelling mistake(similar to a kangaroo hop).

These people are not useless, not retarded and certainly not stupid. Some have a genuine phobia of driving which they are courageously fighting to overcome.

I can't believe that people on this website are so heartlessly cruel towards other people.

SHAME, SHAME, SHAME.