Last Chance Learners.

Des

Doesnt anybody watch this show on channel 7 ?

Are these people mentally retarted or just useless. It angers me to see such useless unskilled people on our roads.

Forgive me if I'm being a bit harsh but c'mon clutch control is not hard niether is steering.

End rant.

Opinions ?

Edited by AE70

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amen... hopefully none of these people manage to actually fluke their test and become a danger to everyone else.

Public transport FTW

Oh and if that bloody poof doesn't stop giggling I'm going to come down there and wrap a steering rack around his immaculately messy head

Edited by 7shades

I don't watch the show because of 1 reason, and 1 reason only. On one of the commercials i heard one of the instructors that i have seen on previous similar shows. He gets on my nerves something fierce.

You may know him as the "Yes Darling, No Darling, Ohhh Darling man etc".

Doesnt anybody watch this show on channel 7 ?

Are these people mentally retarted or just useless. It angers me to see such useless unskilled people on our roads.

Forgive me if I'm being a bit harsh but c'mon clutch control is not hard niether is steering.

End rant.

Opinions ?

I'd be careful saying things like that, one of the drivers DOES has cerebral palsy

As for the concept of the show, good on them. It's not like they're letting them loose on the street without supervision, it's no different to any other L-plater with an instructor or supervisor. The whole premise of the show is to discover each person's "problems" that they have with driving and cure it (something that they've been unable to overcome so far) so that they can earn their license.

Not everyone picks up on the skills of driving as quickly as others. But because it has become such an integral and necessary part of our lives, these people are being disadvantaged because of it. Imagine if you were extremely crap at playing the trombone, yet you were forced to do it every day as part of your job. If you could learn to play it properly, you could get a lot more out of your job - more satisfaction, more money etc. But you really suck at it. You just can't come to grasp with the concept of the slide to alter the pitch of the note. No matter how many lessons you get, you still suck. But one day you get offered the chance of a life-time: free professional tuition by an expert in the field, as part of a reality TV show. If you perform well on the show, you will a chance to graduate as a musician, and not just an amateur hack, and get given a brand new shiny trombone as a present too.

In short, give them a chance. Nothing the show is doing is going to introduce dangerous driving to our roads. Any person, no matter how crap or good a driver they are, can get their L's, and keep them for the rest of their life without ever taking a driving lesson, or taking the P's test. So the aim of the show is to reduce the number of extremely bad drivers on our roads by a few (by turning them into good drivers), and hopefully set an example for those others out there which struggle with something that a lot of us find easy.

She has a real illness and she is probably the best out of all of them.

C'mon having your L's for 16 years and 400 hours of lessons and you still can't take off without kangaroo hoping, I'd give up. Take the freaking bus.

The people on this show are a hazard to themselves and the puplic, Didnt you see the add where she hit the pole and a parked car ? Take these people to a open track and teach them the basics of smooth taking off and braking etc.

Edited by AE70

I agree with Des, That cerebal paulsy girl would have to be 1 of the best drivers, Its her nerves that get her down and as for the others with a learner period of up to 16 years, WTF ARE THEY DOING.

We had a show like that here in sweden a while ago, in last episode of the show every contestant needed to make a drivers test again, none of them passed the test so all of them got the driver licence withdrawn, and they all got a bicycle instead from tv company

I'm all for giving peoples chances, but after 500 leasons!

I think some just aren't meant to drive. But also i think alot of it comes down to ATTITUDE.

Look at not only the drivers, but who's been teaching them, halve of em just think its a joke.

I really think if they wanted their P's by now they would have gotten it.

Tho, there is this one manager that worked at out store who just couldn't do cash right. No matter how much time was spent by anyone explaining how to do it she just kept f@$king up. Like, her cash would be down $900.00 and she doesn't know what she did.

Now she's at a store with one of the new automatic safes, apparently there is no way you can stuff up your cash with one of these, but, you guessed it, she does.

Some people just wont get it no matter how much time or effort is spent. These people should just embrace the fact that they will never be able to drive and learn to take public transport cause in the end, they are putting OUR lives at risk.

I don't think you people have grasped the fact why theyre still trying after 16 years. I think its the clearest with the lady who has cerebral palsy, they jsut want to prove it to everyone and more so themselves that they can do it.

They may be hopeless but it doesnt stop them trying. I must say it would be even more stressful with a camera in your face, with the pressure of knowing australia is gonna know how bad you are.

Even though its good for abit of a laugh i still commend their efforts.

the people on that show should not be allowed to get their licence at all. the one exception would be the aforementioned cerebal palsy girl, as she is handsdown doing the best despite her handicap. HOWEVER, even before i sat behind the wheel for the very first time i had a sound knowledge of basic driving skills like steering, maintaining speed, being aware of the cars surroundings (from extensivly riding shotgun,) and had also highly delevoped skills in judging distance to obstacles while parking and also vehicle position. these people can't even stay in the lane they need. most of them have serious anxiety problems and decide panicing is the best thing to do in a car. serious problems. good on them if they do get licences, but they also better have lots of insurance... thats asuming any insurance companys would cover them after seeing this footage.

cheers darling.