Micks Ke30 Fj20 Turbo Sleeper.

radrollaz

HAHA, ur a dangerous man Mick...in a motorsport sense anyway...

I spoke to ur FJ in my dreams last night, it spoke to me...."..give me boost...booOOOOoossttt..."

hahaha, well done with the build mick, not one person i know who's seen this car has said a bad thing about it...

awesome quality of build.

Do you reckon you could post some more close-ups of your Hilux's rear disk setup?

Cheers,

Mark M

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Rolla lovers, Here are some pics of my new Wilwood brakes i got today. Littleredspirit on the forum inspired me to get some Wilwood's of my own, so i bought these Dynalights which ill be running on the rear and ill be getting some larger Superlights for the front. These calipers are very high in quality and very light aswell, they are 4 piston and look great, i must admit. At the moment I'm going to get all the bits together to do the front and rear brakes and then a set of 18 inch simmons hopefully, it might take a while though as this is going to be an expensive exercise. :lolcry: :Big brakes all round baby!!! :)

Is it possable to get willwoods engineered on your car in Nsw in Qld you can't because of lack of dust seals and no Adr approval, This is what two engineers told me when i was going to put some on our sprinter

HAHA, ur a dangerous man Mick...in a motorsport sense anyway...

I spoke to ur FJ in my dreams last night, it spoke to me...."..give me boost...booOOOOoossttt..."

hahaha, well done with the build mick, not one person i know who's seen this car has said a bad thing about it...

awesome quality of build.

Do you reckon you could post some more close-ups of your Hilux's rear disk setup?

Cheers,

Mark M

Hi mark, ill try and get some pics of the rear disk brakes up when i get my computer back, in a few days. :) If you need any info call me and ill run you through it.

Is it possable to get willwoods engineered on your car in Nsw in Qld you can't because of lack of dust seals and no Adr approval, This is what two engineers told me when i was going to put some on our sprinter

Yeah getting it engineered is no problem, but the hand brake is the only issue that bugs me as ill have to change it to an internal set up like the holdens and nissans, cause the four piston caliper has no hand brake set up at all . Id like to have a hydolic hand brake but its not legal according to the engineer so at the moment I'm taking my time getting all my brake bits together .

With the hand brake cables i got the cables custom made with R31 skyline ends on them and corolla fronts, but make sure you measure them properly as mine are a little to long and even fully adjusted they don't grab as well as i'd like. :) Hope this helps

Its a bit late for April fools jokes isnt it? wheels are too big. I liked the look of it before.

I take it you don't like big rims. I thought i'd try my mates rims on for a different look, it definatley takes the sleeper theme and kicks it out the window. I must admit i love big rims and if i do get a set of wheels eventually they will be 18's but i'll have to mini tub it in the rear and the most important part finding the right wheels to suit my car. :)

FEw questions mate

1. what did you end up doing for ur handbrake cables i have the same setup as you and mine just looks like corrolla cable needs the skyline end put onto it.

2. What bump stops did you use with the hilux diff

I used standard bump stops, but i relocated them to the inner side of the chasis rail.I also ground them down to about half the size to allow me to lower the car and still have travel. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi just a little update on my brake conversion which i am currently collecting parts for . I was going to use the wilwood 4 piston calipers on the rear and the more i thought about it the more i realised the amount of work and money involved in changeing my current R31 rear disk brake set up to 4 piston and internal hand brake wasn't justified so I'm now concentrating on the front brakes which are currently RA60 celica. My current brake set up stops reasonably well for what they are but lack in the looks department and if i ever get serious with the corolla and race it on the track like i want to i need big brakes on the front. So cause I'm not changing the rear i thought , hey i might aswell go for what i really want and sell up on the wilwood idea and go for some Brembo's . :cool: The only downfall with fitting these brakes is that i will no longer be able to fit my 15 chasers on the front and will be forced to fit aftermarket wheels, which will sadly do away with the whole sleeper theme. ;)

Here are a few pics of the brakes .

post-3596-1209711567_thumb.jpg

post-3596-1209711623.jpg

post-3596-1209711677.jpg

post-3596-1209711721.jpg

post-3596-1209711773.jpg

There is a track day happening on the 20th of june.

Just to let you know.

If you want in you need to look up the details on toymods in the events section.

I'm not 100% i can make it so, so far I'm out... i would only know closer to the event and then it might not be possible to get in as it will be full.

I've also recently started fitting a Ke70 console as I'm sick of haveing no place to put my phone, wallet, etc. I had to chop a little off the centre section around the gear stick ass it didn't line up with mine as its further back, also ill be fitting s few gauges in the console under the fan control so it should turn out good, hopefully! Next on the cards is to spray it black and make a gearsick boot aswell as one for the hand brake and ill finally have a little storage space for those long cruses. ;) I also bought the corolla a little beanie to keep her brake fluid warm in winter :cool: I also hooked up a spare bonnet from marty k , which i will be using as my race bonnet and cutting some holes into to fit vents in to let all that nasty heat out, its even the same colour. :dance:

post-3596-1209713318.jpg

post-3596-1209713352_thumb.jpg

post-3596-1209713390.jpg

post-3596-1209713455.jpg

post-3596-1209713515.jpg

post-3596-1209713578.jpg

post-3596-1209713626_thumb.jpg

post-3596-1209713676.jpg

Edited by radrollaz