Micks Fj20 Conversion Into Ke30 Sedan.

radrollaz

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the feed back on my conversion . I did most of the work my self including painting engine bay and fitting drive line etc. i did get a few workshops to help with metal fabrication and got jim from sideshow wireing to wire it all up for me. The wireing is low in the engine bay in factory spots just neatend up. FJ's don't have that much wireing anyway so i didnt bother hideing wires, i really wanted the car to be show but mostly go and thats why its all under the bonet plus i just love sleepers, the looks you get are great. :wink:

This car is DAAAYEM nice.

Well Done

The diff is hilux with R31 skyline disks and calipers , at the moment its an open centre but soon ill get a detroit set up in there , just not sure what kind maybe a detroit Tru Trac LSD or detoit locker . You can actually buy R31 brake caliper mounting plates to fit a hilux diff Which makes it a near on bolt on affair.

The diff is hilux with R31 skyline disks and calipers , at the moment its an open centre but soon ill get a detroit set up in there , just not sure what kind maybe a detroit Tru Trac LSD or detoit locker . You can actually buy R31 brake caliper mounting plates to fit a hilux diff Which makes it a near on bolt on affair.

you have the same brake setup as on my hilux diff. I have the tru trac centre very very happy. Drives like a open face but under load is instantly a locker. Nothing to wear out being a true geared lsd not a clutch or cone setup!

like everyone has said great work, looks great and I'm sure goes great. I'm with ya on the whole sleeper thing, I'm keeping my ke30 the standard cream colour as well, just giving it a nice new respray. Any power figures yet, and what ecu are u running?

like everyone has said great work, looks great and I'm sure goes great. I'm with ya on the whole sleeper thing, I'm keeping my ke30 the standard cream colour as well, just giving it a nice new respray. Any power figures yet, and what ecu are u running?

the car drives and turns very well as the suspension has also upgraded with coil overs and new noltech bushes all round she feels very responsive when driving. I'm running a haltech E6 ECU which is a little basic but it gets the job done, i would like to upgrade later maybe to a E6K. I'm looking forward to instaling the LSD which ever one i go for as i know that it will change the car alot on the road.

Edited by radrollaz

• 1 month later...

Hi all , finally got the K30 engineered and registerd. I have found that when doing such a full on conversion there are always alot of little leaks and rattles that need attention, so thats were I'm at now. I orderd my plates today KE04ME can't wait to put them on also got my white walls re done in double the old thickness to give her a hotrod look. :y: see u's at toyofest.