radrollaz

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
hey mr mick.

which engineer did you use? I'm looking for a good one.

hi mate i used john from consulmotive engineering in peakhurst sydney, he is an rta prefered signitory. He was very helpful and all up i paid $800.I was suprised how easy it was , i guess i didnt really give him anything to pick on as he's by the book.

• 2 weeks later...
what did you do for the handbrake cables i have the same set up diff and brakes looks like i just need to change the end on the cable.

keen 2 see what u did

Hi mate , i took 1 set of r31 cables and 1 set of ke30 cables too a guy in sydney who does custom cables, he told me to meassure the difference in cables when in the car. if you put the r31 cables against the originals you can then see the difference in length try and mesure properly as if you don't they might be to long and wont work properly. Mine don't fit properly and the hand brake only just works. sorry i couldnt be more help

Mine cost as per the following though you can run a open face or locker and save $990, I choose not to run a hilux lsd as the sell for $600 and are shit!

rn10-13 diff tube and axles $300

Hilux centre $300

Detroit lsd centre $990

R31 disc brake conversion $250

Adding rolla spring mounts $135

bearings/rebuild $250

Total $2,225

Edited by ca18rolla

lookin good man how much did the diff and brake set up set ya back? lookin at doin the same in my 2 door.

Hi mate , i was lucky and got the diff already cut down to suit corolla all i did was disc brake conversion which was about $500 because i got new gold series rotors and got brakes recod. To do it properly at least $2000 if not more depending what you get done. craft differentials in granville sydney can help with prices.

Hey mick,

can i have a picture of your fuel system?

is it in the boot?

if so did you need to seal off the boot from the cabin?

hey cuzzo , ill try and get some pics up for you its all in the boot and the engineer never mentioned anything about having to be sealed from cabin. call john at consulmotive engineering he sould be able to point you in the right direction. I think the main thing is that its all done right and mounted properly.

i have a surge tank, 2 pumps and 3 filters mounted in my boot and to get it past engineering i had to make a shield for it to protect it from getting knocked around by stuff in the boot (even though mine is always empty)

did i mention thats the best colour corolla i've seen?

Edited by JC807

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...