Random Photo Thread

It's a lot of fun taking a Corolla where 4x4's struggle. I once took a KE3x coupe to the Lost City in Litchfield NP in the NT (the track to the Lost City requires a serious 4x4) .

My mate was driving his Land Rover as a "back up" vehicle, which got stuck so many times I lost count. The KE on the other hand bounced it's way in and out of Lost City with only 1 minor problem (we just dragged the KE accross the bolders that were in the way).

I love the fact the KE rescued the Land Rover more often than the Land Rover resuced the KE.

Well done, looks like it was fun.

Members dont see this ad

Ok, this one needs a bit of a back-story. Recently I purchased a case of an imported American beverage that I have a taste for. Unfortunately, I'm not the only one who likes the stuff. On several occasions when I've gone out of the room for a moment, I've come back and picked up the can, gone to take a drink and noticed it vibrating strangely, like there was something swimming around in there. When I peered inside, I was rather horrified at what I found. Tonight I set up a sting to catch the culprit in the act.

DSC_4783-800.jpg

DSC_4782-800.jpg

DSC_4784-800.jpg

DSC_4785-800.jpg

DSC_4787-800.jpg

DSC_4789-800.jpg

DSC_4790-800.jpg

DSC_4791-800.jpg

DSC_4795-800.jpg

Bastard!

Edited by 86coupe

Wow. Send wampa, receive dog. Quite a difference!

Trev, are you saying that there's a servo in Ipswich that still stocks Dr Pepper?

It was sold in Australia back in the 90's, but thanks to people like 7shades, it was withdrawn from sale.

I guess it didn't taste enough like a yeast extract for most Ossies.

Trev, are you saying that there's a servo in Ipswich that still stocks Dr Pepper?

It was sold in Australia back in the 90's, but thanks to people like 7shades, it was withdrawn from sale.

People like 7shades who have FUNCTIONING TASTE BUDS

i can normally find DP somewhere when i'm out and about, but have recently discovered my local independant supermarket has a small US Confectionary section, which has 6 and 10 packs of import carbonated beverages. DP and Cherry Coke amongst candy like Reeses PBC.....

i see it around fairly often, usually in specialty lolly shops, ones that sell all the overseas lollies.

if i recall correctly there is a lolly shop in central train station in Brisbane, that sells doctor pepper by the carton.

as for the taste itself....its interesting, i wouldn't choose to buy it, but when my brother used to have it, i had no hesitation in stealing a can from his stash. my mate dan can drink the stuff by the galon.

If there are any "it crowd" fans out there, it reminds me of the drink "chuke" that roy gets addicted to.

Wow. Send wampa, receive dog. Quite a difference!

I guess it didn't taste enough like a yeast extract for most Ossies.

I don't know why but Amber doesn't like this stuff

post-1432-051208500 1286531791_thumb.jpg

:P

More for me i say :D

Just about every shop in town here sells it.

And quite a few of the Coke brand oddballs

Including that god awful TAB stuff.

Peanut butter and jello has made a come back, but every time i see it i don't have the money for it....

That's interesting. I've not seen it on a normal shop shelf since a brief period in the 90s. Only seen it online or in specialty stores. I've been ordering it online through USA Foods. The postage makes it very expensive ~$80 for 48 cans.

DSC_4035-800.jpg

Edited by 86coupe