Random Photo Thread

Members dont see this ad

I've some reeaaally dodgy stuff in the workshops at work, such as the 60T overhead crane being used to hang a continuous miner gathering head (think a giant flat dozer blade/shovel with big rotating crab-arms on it) wedged against a plate welded to the floor whilst a forklift gets a running start to try and rip a busted cylinder out...

Also, anytime you hear the word "Franna" around the workshop, just run. Something is always dodgy when a Franna is involved

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

Yeah. Cool how the steering wheel is connected to the door via a uni joint.

This one (below) is one of only 7 made, and the only one left in the world. It ferried passengers to the Titanic. can't remember what its called.

X8VpLh.jpg

I spent more time with my light on my phone looking under them at the running gear, its amazing how far we've come. Some of them had manual lubrication systems, there were dash mounted glass vials that you adjusted the drip timing, it would run down tubes into the engine to lubricate the crank. At the end of the journey youd empty the oil from a reservoir and reuse it.

Absolutely awesome, crazy pedal arrangements, ignition advance and retard on the steering wheels, chain drives, kerosene head lamps.

Wish I had taken my SLR. :(

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB