Best Engine For Ke70

h1_roll4

my ke70 recently blew its head and i figered while I'm ripping the engine apart i may aswell make it go better.

I'm looking for ideas of what to do to get more power but not cost stupid amounts off money.

some suggestions so far have been:

4AGE

SR20

CA18

or rebuilding and working the 4k

any advice on which would be better for my money would be sick.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

depends on your budget and what your gonna do with it?

4age you can't go wrong not alot of work but if your going with the nissan motors its gonna be a lil harder but not impossible. scope out all the conversions in here and ask the people who have done them. I personally like 4age and got one in mine but as it goes its your own budget and your own preference.

i have a CA18det in my ke70, conversion is more challenging but can be done on a tight budget..

I have a mate who has a sr20det in his ke, same shit as the CA really..

THESE TWO MOTORS DO NOT UPSET THE BALANCE OF THE CAR FFS!!!!! DO YOUR RESEARCH!!!

The 4age is an old over priced motor with expensive parts and very limited power on a budget.. its an easy conversion but why go to all that effort for a slow motor when u can easily spend the same ammount of money on the more powerful nissan motors..

cheaper more powerful nissan motors have my vote..

my2c

The 4age is an old over priced motor with expensive parts and very limited power on a budget.

I think you could say the same thing about the datsu.., sorry nissan motors, couldnt you? 4ages love boost, if you lower the compression a little. 4ages are only expensive if you are on the dole, lol. Try and buy a ITB setup for any other motor and it will cost more than silvertop, in almost all cases. Its a very personal choice. Don't forget to see whats legal in your state, or you may flush all your money down the dunny in the end. don't buy parts for a 4age, if you manage to kill one, swap it for another from the importers and part out the dead one. It will cost you 2-4 hundred a motor!

my ke70 recently blew its head and i figered while I'm ripping the engine apart i may aswell make it go better.

I'm looking for ideas of what to do to get more power but not cost stupid amounts off money.

some suggestions so far have been:

4AGE

SR20

CA18

or rebuilding and working the 4k

any advice on which would be better for my money would be sick.

4age 16v is bolt in with very little cutting/drilling required.

SR20 would require custom engine mounts and gearbox mount.

CA18 is in the same boat as SR20 mounts wise etc.

4AGE would be the cheapest if you find a good cheap motor.

SR20det would be awesome and so would a CA18det.

My vote is if you want lots of power go CA or SR if you want to keep it Toyota and still be cheap go 4AGE.

4age 16v is bolt in with very little cutting/drilling required.

SR20 would require custom engine mounts and gearbox mount.

CA18 is in the same boat as SR20 mounts wise etc.

all these engines will require cutting and driling if transfered into a KE.. the clutch setup has to be changed to hydro

RB engine mounts make ca sr swap a breeze... nissan motors FTW!

my vote is 4k-c, if toyota put it there it must be good...... lol

get a set of extractors and some kind of carby on the 4k, have the head skimmed a bit and put a cam in it, weld the diff and ahve some fun,

cheap, easy and very simple

then spend the money you saved on other stuff like suspension

just my 2c's