Tally

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

KE30 upgrade will require KE30 backing plates I believe, but don't quote me on that.

Your water problem could also be due to the difference in the water pumps :(

If your old waterpump was fine, you could swap them over and use the original ports for the hose (I'm thinking its a heater hose issue you're having but you werent really specific on that).

Hope you get your brakes sorted :o

hmmm, gonna go down to upullit during the week and get the engine bits I need.

Going to have to hunt down some ke20/25 discs and calipers as that would be the easiest way. Or I could try and rebuild my current set. They are seized.

ah well ill let you guys know how I go.

Cheers

Tally

Hey guys

Ok well spent most of the morning swapping the manifold and carbs over. Chucked the 4k carb/manifold off and replaced it with the old 3K carb/manifold.

Now the exhaust bolts up and no emission crap anywhere so I'm loving it. Should of really done most of this stuff before we put the engine in but it didn’t occur to me (first time).

I went down to u-pull-it and got the hoses that I need and hooked them all up and now no water leaks!!!!

Chucked on a ramflo air filter and small air filter breather pod and it looks shmick.

Well the only thing I need engine wise is a throttle and chock bracket that fits onto the top of the rocker cover.

I had one but I lost it when I took the old engine out!!

So will have to get that off a KE70 at u-pull-it (forgot to get it today)

Have sourced some callipers so hopefully be able to get it onto the road ASAP!!!

Pics tomorrow guys :hmm:

Cheers

Tally

Ok

So I had a bit of problems with the carbie today.

The engine dies as soon as you let go of the throttle.

I had my mate press the accelerator peddle while I tried to adjust the idle speed screw.

I located the idle mixture screw as well but I had a feeling that what I thought the idle speed screw was in fact something else, the fast idle speed screw.

Buy the time I had mucked around with it, the battery had gone flat from starting it excessively and the sun had gone down so I packed up and went home.

I asked my dad and he said yea you were adjusting the wrong screw.

He said leave the idle mixture alone for now and just wind out the idle speed screw until it revs high at idle and then work your way down till it idles at the lowest rpm.

This was what I was trying to do but I was mucking around with the wrong adjustment screw. I didn’t see the other screw until after I gave up lol.

So that is where I'm at.

I chucked on the front apron, bumper bar and taillights as well.

I also went down to u-pull-it again and got the ke70 throttle bracket that fits onto the rocker cover. Works ok but I need a KE25 one as the cable slips out of position when use it.

Anyways still a fair bit to do.

Not sure if it will be ready by Sunday. I guess you’ll know it is if you see it down at the show.

Cheers

Tally

post-1732-1208951973_thumb.jpg post-1732-1208952009_thumb.jpg

post-1732-1208952042_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tally

hey mate.

Same thing happened to me with the carb, as soon as you drop it back to idle it just dies.

I blew the carb out and put it back on, started up perfectly and got about 3/4 way home (christies to woodcroft) and things just got worse like backfiring, smoking, poping etc. i think i was probably the idle jets but i just swapped carbs from a 3k-h if i remeber correct.

but toy around with it and you might get it goin again, you might not.

if you get a carb from u-pull-it take a toolbox and sit it in the toolbox upright,and 9 times outta 10 they think its only a single barrel carb so you get it a bit cheaper. :hmm:

Oh and theres no more KE25 at Lonsdale U-pull-it :y:

CHEERS

Ryan

Thanks Ryan

I sorted out the carb yesterday, it idles now, but just a tad to high lol. Just have to adjust that, and I'm done with the engine.

Just got some front brake calipers off Ian this morning, hopefully fit them 2moro and I'm all set hopefully.

Was driving it around the farm yesterday, drives good but it pulls to the left heaps, might be from the seized brakes.

So yea see you guys at the show :yes:

only problem now is I gotta learn how to drive manual :y:

Cheers

Tally

Edited by Tally

Just wondering if you have the fuel solenoid hoked up Tally, if not, replace it with a bolt.

Most causes of a car that wont idle correctly or at all are related to that fuel solenoid :yes:

Should be a wire that come off of it on the carby...

Havnt checked that man but will do next time.

Well had some bad luck with the brakes. Turns out that the ke20 calipers I bought of Ian are different to the Ke25 ones.

The caliper is a totally different shape and the bolt holes don't line up and miss by about 5mm.

As a result my car did not make it to All Japan Day, and as soon as I got to the show I was so spewin lol

Ahh well what can ya do...

heres a pic of how it looks now after I put all the trimming back on.

Cheers

Tally

post-1732-1209293637_thumb.jpg

Havnt checked that man but will do next time.

Well had some bad luck with the brakes. Turns out that the ke20 calipers I bought of Ian are different to the Ke25 ones.

The caliper is a totally different shape and the bolt holes don't line up and miss by about 5mm.

As a result my car did not make it to All Japan Day, and as soon as I got to the show I was so spewin lol

hi

sorry to hear the brakes didnt work.

your car is looking great anyways

-Ian

Hey guys

Thanks for the input. Appreciate it heaps.

Ian, its all good man, I should have checked my brakes first but I was in such a hurry i thought theyd be the same as KE20, KE25 are similar in so many ways.

Teddy, thanks man, yea i love the mirrors also, were really easy to put in after I realised that there is a groove in the inner guard, and that was after I drilled a hole 2cm away from the right spot lol. Have also chucked on my Nardi Steering wheel aswell. Should be good once I tidy the interior up. Looking for black seats and door trims to suit. Would set off the interior.

Progress is going to stop for a while, back at school and yr 12 is proving to be very challenging so have to concentrate on that for the time being.

Charl, same to you dude, yours is looking insane. Once mine is done for sure, thats the whole reason I'm doing this. To have fun and just cruise it!!!

Anyways ill post some pics up hopefully on the weekend.

Now back to that design assignment :rocknroll:

Cheers

Tally

• 1 month later...