Straight 6 Into Ae71

tofuboy86

Members dont see this ad
has anyone heard of an ae71 with like a 7mge, 1jz or 2jz in it , i know it would be near impossible to do and make the car handle but was just wanting to see/hear anything about this type of conversion thanks :n:

Love_KE70 on here has a KE70 with a 1GGTE in it, He 'might' post a pic.

Negative.

The problem is that they are a lot heavier and a LOT longer/wider.

A few people have put 1JZ into Corollas. One guy on Toymods has done it.

I am putting a 1JZ into a VN engine bay, and its a hell of a lot bigger.. and Its still hard.

Fire wall cutting will be necessary unless you want your engine out the front of the bay!

In short.. Better engines and better cars available

Is it just me or does this subject rear its ugly head every month or so... should be a "how not to" guide in the FAQ I reckon

Yeah its starting to become more evident that people don't search. Been covered a few times now.

Bigger engine = More weight.

More weight = More under steer.

More under steer = less fun.

Although Love ke70 does have a 1g in a ke70 and it seemed to handle good when i was in it.

the 1g isnt very heavy, its just got 2 cylinders in front of the wheels.

if you have the power its very easy to make a car tail happy. as des says mine does quite well, and thats with wider rear than front tyres which encourages it to understeer. it really could be made to handle quite well, not the best, but who cares it looks, sounds, and is a tough car

A conversion that someone should really be looking into is that of using a 2ZZ-GE.

All alloy, 190PS. Fair bit of work involved, bellhousing wise but results would be very rewarding.

Cheers

Jordan

Thats been discussed a few times before also. Break some new ground, I reckon. Do your own research. Have a look at this straight six. :n:

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?s...=9642&st=45

Its interesting that someone bought up the 2ZZ, heres a puzzle for someone to solve. An import mob that I deal with has a customer using a modified standard RWD Toyota housing with a few new holes drilled in. If I worked at a wreckers I'd try and track down what he used. So there will be a 2ZZ AE86 floating around brissy in the next few months I'd say. :n:

A conversion that someone should really be looking into is that of using a 2ZZ-GE.

All alloy, 190PS. Fair bit of work involved, bellhousing wise but results would be very rewarding.

Cheers

Jordan

• 2 weeks later...
the 1g isnt very heavy, its just got 2 cylinders in front of the wheels.

if you have the power its very easy to make a car tail happy. as des says mine does quite well, and thats with wider rear than front tyres which encourages it to understeer. it really could be made to handle quite well, not the best, but who cares it looks, sounds, and is a tough car

I AGREE :) i seem to recall the April Fools Day Cruise had some fun times :y: