K Auto

NoPsi

Ok. I am seriously considering an auto conversion for wagon of death as I am looking to build it into a cruiser not a bruiser. If I were to run an injected 5k or 7k motor what auto do the k gods suggest? Is there a 4spd to bolt in or am I stuck with old 2/3spds? I don't really want to run to the trouble of converting w-k or w-t either. That wreaks of effort. I am looking for the easiest and simplest late model smooth to drive efi conversion.

Craig

Members dont see this ad

Toyoglyde was an amazing 2 speed with the exclusive Ratios at 1 and 1.18?

Trimatic or traumatic, being a 3 speed - Leaky, strong and bad ratios.

Theres the A40 which is a 4 speed i think ? Auto, by toyota. Which wouldnt be too bad.

The toyoglide 2 speed IS an amazing box! The ratios are actually 1.82, and 1. Good for a top speed of around 140ks!, 0-100 in about oh, a long weekend.

The holden trimatic, would be easy to get parts for tho, and maybe be able to beef it up a bit too.

The K-W option is pretty easy and cheap, just a matter of finding all the parts, but thats still heaps easier than finding K-T bits! :y:

Nothing has to be modified except the W spline onto a corolla tailshaft, with a holden uni joint. No shortening or lengthening is required.

Basically all you need is:

KM20 liteace bellhousing, flywheel, clutch, clutch fork, TOB retainer.

and the just the W40 or W50 with the output spline to suit. I paid $50 for mine.

Only reason I haven't got it in the car yet, and hence updated the thread is because that car is now off the road getting EFI stuff done. When it is running again it will be with the W50.

:) dunno if the auto will be as easy as a manual. Is there actually such a thing as a W series auto anyway!?

The ease of the manuel conversion is only due to the "fluke" of the KM20 flywheel/clutch! It has a K flywheel, but with a clutch diametre and spline right for the 29mm/19T input shaft.

Do some research into auto KM20's (if they exist) and see if you can find a similar fluke. :y:

Edited by Taz_Rx