August 6, 200719 yr comment_190617 Ok. I am seriously considering an auto conversion for wagon of death as I am looking to build it into a cruiser not a bruiser. If I were to run an injected 5k or 7k motor what auto do the k gods suggest? Is there a 4spd to bolt in or am I stuck with old 2/3spds? I don't really want to run to the trouble of converting w-k or w-t either. That wreaks of effort. I am looking for the easiest and simplest late model smooth to drive efi conversion. Craig Report
August 6, 200719 yr comment_190623 Toyoglyde was an amazing 2 speed with the exclusive Ratios at 1 and 1.18? Trimatic or traumatic, being a 3 speed - Leaky, strong and bad ratios. Theres the A40 which is a 4 speed i think ? Auto, by toyota. Which wouldnt be too bad. Report
August 6, 200719 yr comment_190625 I'd be interested too as I hope to keep My Hardtop auto. An A40 wouldn't bolt up would it? Report
August 6, 200719 yr Author comment_190636 So is there a bellhousing that will suit K-A that will be easy to source? Report
August 9, 200719 yr comment_190769 The toyoglide 2 speed IS an amazing box! The ratios are actually 1.82, and 1. Good for a top speed of around 140ks!, 0-100 in about oh, a long weekend. The holden trimatic, would be easy to get parts for tho, and maybe be able to beef it up a bit too. Report
August 9, 200719 yr comment_190771 The K-W option is pretty easy and cheap, just a matter of finding all the parts, but thats still heaps easier than finding K-T bits! :y: Nothing has to be modified except the W spline onto a corolla tailshaft, with a holden uni joint. No shortening or lengthening is required. Basically all you need is: KM20 liteace bellhousing, flywheel, clutch, clutch fork, TOB retainer. and the just the W40 or W50 with the output spline to suit. I paid $50 for mine. Only reason I haven't got it in the car yet, and hence updated the thread is because that car is now off the road getting EFI stuff done. When it is running again it will be with the W50. Report
August 9, 200719 yr Author comment_190807 Nice one Si. This is why Rollaclub is the bible for corollas. Thanks mate. Report
August 9, 200719 yr comment_190826 Unfortunately the A40 is also a 3 speed by Aisin-Warner, found behind the 4AC AE71. The K-series 3 speed is the A30. Apparently there was a RWD 4 speed behind an A-series engine but is found in JDM and USDM markets. Report
August 9, 200719 yr comment_190913 :) dunno if the auto will be as easy as a manual. Is there actually such a thing as a W series auto anyway!? The ease of the manuel conversion is only due to the "fluke" of the KM20 flywheel/clutch! It has a K flywheel, but with a clutch diametre and spline right for the 29mm/19T input shaft. Do some research into auto KM20's (if they exist) and see if you can find a similar fluke. :y: Edited August 9, 200719 yr by Taz_Rx Report
August 10, 200719 yr comment_190920 :y: dunno if the auto will be as easy as a manual. Is there actually such a thing as a W series auto anyway!? Nope, pretty much all Toyota's autos are A-series, with different numbers and number of digits representing individual gearboxes. W-series are purely manuals Report
August 10, 200719 yr comment_190930 Here's a link to an incomplete guide to the A-series autos. LINKY There won't be any straight bolt up options in 4speed unless you can find a swappable bellhousing with maybe corona/celica etc. Might also have to factor in mounting, and whether the thing will fit! Report
August 10, 200719 yr Author comment_190966 Argh. Maybe I'll just have to fork out for another motor combo. Report
August 10, 200719 yr comment_190994 I have a Toyoglide, it was behind the 1.5L 2R in my RT40 Corona, it was removed today and wait for it. It was rubbish there is a reason I'm doing a 4AG on twin solex conversion Jordan Edited August 10, 200719 yr by Jordan Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now