I'm Back Looking At Rims

During my nights when rollaclub was off line I went trolling other websites (I'm sorry) and the rim's which are never far from my mind, became my top priority...

OH GOSH NOT AGAIN I hear you say....

I have fallen in love with some new ones....Rays....

Rays G Games 57 Maximum Pro Titanium Lip

They are freakin awesome!!! And expensive :) So my garret turbo fund may be used for rims...

here's a piccy:

post-1090-1186635185_thumb.jpg

the ones on the RIGHT

Now I have a slight problem...

I made an enquiry and was asked "what offset and pcd do you want?"

and I'm sorry to say I have no clue..

I thought that I needed to give them this info: 17x7 - or 17x7.5 with a 4 stud pattern but I'm not sure if it's right.... can someone help me please?

Lesley :y:

Edited by SoulSearcher

Members dont see this ad
offset is the measurement the where the studs sit from the middle of the rim. so tell them you want like a -25 for awesome dish.

pcd is stud pattern, i think your car is 4x100.

4x100 is correct, but -25 won't go anywhere near fitting

Even +25 is a bit of a stretch. Standard offset for 112s is about +40, so I'd go something around that, nothing lower than +35 otherwise you'll probably have wheels sticking out of the guards and major scrubbing issues.

If you're getting them from a shop of any kind, they should have a book with the listings of each car and what the respective PCD/offset etc is.

Oh, and the centre hole should be 54mm (I think), if it's any bigger than that you'll need hub rings to space the gap so that the studs don't bear the weight of the car

offset is the measurement the where the studs sit from the middle of the rim. so tell them you want like a -25 for awesome dish.

:) doesn't work like that. She'd end up with the wheels sticking out past the body about 60mm with -25!!!

You need to get a FWD offset wheel, so +38 or +40. :y:

Don't know about PCD on your car, but a decent wheel shop should be able to tell you that anyway!

1 vote for the 7 spoke wheels on the left......without the rainbow technicolour look though. Is that the actual look of the wheel, or is that just a background reflection.

The 5 spoke wheels just look cheap and nasty to me. My initial thought was that they looked like cheap auscar branded wheels that you see quite often on old commodores.

:) doesn't work like that. She'd end up with the wheels sticking out past the body about 60mm with -25!!!

You need to get a FWD offset wheel, so +38 or +40. :y:

thanks i didnt know that :)

1 vote for the 7 spoke wheels on the left......without the rainbow technicolour look though. Is that the actual look of the wheel, or is that just a background reflection.

The 5 spoke wheels just look cheap and nasty to me. My initial thought was that they looked like cheap auscar branded wheels that you see quite often on old commodores.

the wheels are supposed to look like that theyre titanium, its the new craze in japan according to some car mags.

and i actually liked the wheels on the right unil what kangarossa said, now i like the ones on the left.

Edited by andro0o

:) it's the rainbow technicolour look that I like :y: