Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Philbeys Ke16 2 Door Wagon.

Featured Replies

  • Author

Chemeweld no love. Oh well. Found out today I'll be spending time out of town for work anyway, so commuting just ceased altogether!

 

Hey scott, I blame that ramflo I bought off you for breaking my car too! haha. It might be cursed or something.

  • Replies 182
  • Views 328.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

ur engine couldnt handle a ramflo??

 

pfft, my wags loves its ramflo :lmao:

 

see what happens wen u try to make these engines fast, they die on ya :dance:

 

cheers, scott

  • Author

Picked up a 5 Speed for it from Kangaroosa in melbourne. Also scored an unknown grind of cam from him, I might set it up with a dial gauge and protractor and work out the profile....

 

or, I might just put it in and see how happy I am with the lump hahaha.

sounds like its coming along with a few troubles, but I'm sure itll all work out in the end! keep it up mate.

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Picked up the 5K from API yesterday. 1300 including full rebore 40thou over, head rebuild, full balancing, Flywheel skimmed, new pistons, VRS kit, all bearings, hot dipped etc etc. Just got to build it now....

 

Ordered and Exedy Heavy Duty clutch, not sure when thats coming.

 

Mount up pic of the DHLA's from a couple of months back. Need to sort out ignition curve and filters for the DHLAs too.

post-2873-1217390858_thumb.jpg

oh yeah tommy 5k time!!

 

when you say 'build it', what are we talking? its all seperate in boxes or is the bottom

end together??

 

nothin better than drinkin beer and workin on ke's :bash: sunshine too!!

 

Scott

  • Author

Its in piles on the table! Slugs and rods are together cos theyre balanced, just bolt it all up. Just got to appease the gf long enough to give me a weekend to nail it hahha!

 

Just had a squiz last night I noticed the piston dish is much smaller on my new ACL duralites than on the original ones. Going to have to do the maths, might have a bit much compression. Damnit..

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Painted the block last night. Looks pretty good. I went with a Dark ford blue, there wasn't a great selection at the shop and the ford blue looks pretty good. I'll get some pics once I get the topcoat on (Damn cold weather, not ideal for painting!)

 

I'm thinking of painting the rocker cover same colour as well - I'm going to paint one and polish the other and make my decision.

 

Compression ratio still looks dastardly high (ie - 13:1). I'll be on the phone to the engine builders tomorrow to see what they say.

 

Mahle pistons I noticed too. Same as my porsche's pistons haha.

  • 5 weeks later...
  • Author

5K is seriously underway. I got a dial gauge out and the deck-piston clearance is more than I thought, will bring my compression down to the mid 11s (with cam overlap). Might just get a tiny bit of combustion chamber opened out if the comp is too much.

 

But I can run premium if I have too. Also, I discovered a source of E85 (tbc) and this might inspire me to get it tuned for E85 even sooner!!!

 

Crank and Pistons all in now, oil pump shimmed and fitted. Cam and lifters will go in Saturday. Going to baffle the sump so I'll try set that up this weekend.

 

Pics to come Saturday as well....

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Engine nearly done. Got the bottom end done and as for compression ratio the maiden run will have some octane booster in it just in case. Hopefully my cam will have enough overlap to drop it a bit too!

 

I still need to chop up a sump and make up a couple of baffles. I just need a spare sump, anyone got one in adelaide. Also considering heavier valve springs but I reckon I'll just suck it and see.

 

My grand plans for remapped elec spark control is still grey. I can't be bothered with the Jaycar kit at the moment, I might just pay someone to recurve the dizzy for me and experiment with it later.

 

Pics:

post-2873-1224288891_thumb.jpg

post-2873-1224288902_thumb.jpg

post-2873-1224288910_thumb.jpg

Good work Philbey, thats a very nicely built 5K. Any estimates on power?

 

And you were still gonna run the Toyoglide weren't you?

 

Cheers, Ben.

benny, I'm pretty sure you can't run a heavy duty exedy clutch with a toyoglide :)

 

looking good champ.

should be a sweet lil parts chaser :P

 

cheers, scott

Hey mate, i got a 3k sump here. if the 3k sump will fit a 5k txt me.

 

CHEERS

Ryan

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.