Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Philbeys Ke16 2 Door Wagon.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 182
  • Views 328.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

  • Author

Yeh I know, I was planning on doing that, but I had originally planned to locate the Reg and Gauge in different spots on the firewall, so I got the tee. When I couldn't find a good spot for them I slapped them on the front and haven't had a chance to grab another fitting (although I should because it would be much neater!)

 

THIS JUST IN:

 

Dyno'd at 68.8kw at the wheels. Not bad, given that I was on 49 when I drove in this morning and by lunch they'd upped the power 40 percent!

 

They didn't need to do a whole lot; fiddled with the timing, changed jetting and emulsion tubes. I haven't driven it yet but I'm expecting a much zippier ride.

 

After looking at other peoples figures I'm quite happy. D.Mckiggan's sprinter makes about 10kw more and that's a race car. Some people are pushing close to 100 (apparently) but I really didn't spend a lot on my motor. It's basically a stock head as well, I'm thinking down the track I'll get my spare head ported and polished and put a tick in the 100 Horsepower box!

 

I'm happy anyway.

Thats not too shabby at all mate! :) Considering there's some more to come with a bit of head work.

 

Can't remember what cars they were, but remember seeing a couple of 4age dyno sheets here that were between 50-70rwkw!!! .....and they had EFI!

 

Oh and just to make you feel even better I made 69.7rwkw with a stocko 4k and 8psi!! :)

Edited by Taz_Rx

  • Author

Yeh I was pretty stoked too, I figure it's predominantly that 11.5:1 compression ratio! The dizzy is stock curve as well running 10 degree advance with no pinging.

 

I'm pretty happy, I reckon one day I'd like to build a hillclimber and go nuts on a 5k to try push 80+ NA kilowatts.

  • Author

Just picked it up then, massive improvement. Still the very slightest dull spot, but that's where the Mystery Cam kicks in.

 

Much more exciting to drive, if you keep it revving it pulls quite nicely. I still need to get it on the wide opens and wind her up in 5th and really get a taste for it.

 

Very impressed. The Blackwood Dynotune guys were great. Dropped it off in the morning, and it was all done by lunchtime. That included some fiddling and jetting. No more carby backfires and it idles very nicely, albeit at about 1200rpm.

 

I think I'll put a bigger master cyl in, dial the brakes up a bit and I'll throw in my Sprinter dash now. Well at least once the brakes are done and the swaybar gets installed, I might focus on the 911 for a while!

  • 2 months later...
  • Author

Did a head gasket the other day. I pulled up at the lights and noticed the temp jumped off the dial, and steam started wafting out the bonnet.

 

Popped it open to find that I'd popped off the heater tap and dumped all the water. Filled rad up, fixed the tap and got the capuccino foam straight away.... Damn.

 

Off came the head:

 

gallery_2873_2_207805.jpg

 

I took it to TW engineering, and the head was pretty good, hadn't warped much. While they had it I figured they might as well port match it. The inlet ports are 31-32mm across now. Lovely. Might make that extra bit of power and make 100hp at the wheels!

 

gallery_2873_2_75420.jpg

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Pulled out my inline fuel pressure gauge - leaking fuel the bastard. I'll get a fitting and whack it straight off the reg I think.

 

A few things need attention - Fuel gauge playing up, twice now I've thought - hmmm, car sounds very tappety all of a sudden. Then I discover it aint tappets, it's the fuel pump clicking loudly when it runs dry...! Damn. I reckon the sender float is mucking up because it sometimes reads fuel level then slowly drops away.

 

And it's leaking oil - might be front seal, most likely the stupid god damn sump gasket piece of shit.

mate i havent had no luck with acl sump gaskets at all, there a bit bigger and the sump and soon as you torque the bolts to 4nm the gasket gets pushed out and leaks through the bolts! ive done 2 sump gaskets and its still leaking, next time (if there every is) I'm gonna use gasket maker!

Edited by Evan G

  • 1 month later...

Any updates on this monster Philbey, or are you more leaning towards doing up the Motorbike ATM??

 

Josh

update?

  • Author

Nothing to report really. I got halfway through polishing it the other night, the paint really oxidises fast though.

 

Gauge install, man I tell ya, I decided to do a quick dirty job on my old centre dash panel to slap the gauges in. It took way too long, it's dodgy (as was the intention) and now I'm just going to sling the gauges off the bottom of the dash and look for another neat centre panel.....

 

EDIT - just bought one on Ebay, should have done it to start with....

 

Plus I lost my fuel cap, bought a new one but it struggles to seal....

 

But yeh the bike is taking the bulk of my time at the moment as well. I want to get that on the road towards the end of the year.

Edited by philbey

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Hmm. Fitted a Klippan retractable lap sash seatbelt on the drivers side. Damn it's so much better except it's always close to my neck.

 

Yeh the old chrome buckles were cool but honestly had no hope of stopping me going through the window in a stack.

 

Had to weld in a 3mm steel plate and nut onto the sill to mount the winder. I engineered it, will be all good. Under the carpet too so you can't see it!

 

Ran a new heater tap and hoses. Needs some slight fiddling to get it in right, and I need a new cable. Anyone know where to get the cables from?

  • 1 month later...

This 16 is farken sweet.

 

Had it fly by me this arvo then pulled over and had a chat to Tom.

 

Sounds wicked too. Heard ya baby it around the coppers :P

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.