Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What Grinds My Gears.

Featured Replies

COPS. WHEN YOU BE POLITE AS YOU CAN, AND THEY TREAT YOU LIKE A PIECE OF SHIT. CALLED MY CAR A PIECE OF SHIT. AND PRETTY MUCH CALLED ME A LIAR WHEN I TOLD HIM I WASNT AT A CERTAIN PLACE TODAY. GAAAAAAHHHHHH, got defected the fined for not maintainign a vehcle to standards ???? isnt that double jepoardy?

  • Replies 10.4k
  • Views 1.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • You can't even be trusted with ball bearings... Who the hell would let you drive a forklift that can't stop?

  • Go be a douche somewhere else.   Yea, I'm in a bad mood.

  • @Blzbud666 & Trev.   Since you guys feel the need to input your opinions about drift either every time I post or everytime the word ke70 is mentioned, generally I've brushed it off as to try an

Posted Images

Umm, so you are saying because you were polite to him, he should turn a blind eye to your car which obviously was unroadworthy?

 

If you are driving a car, that has mods to make it stand out from the crowd to gain attention, you have to take the good with the bad.

 

Think about it from the cops point of view. Do you think they enjoy going to accident scenes and scraping young people off the road who have been speeding and driving recklessly? These people deal with the scum of society on a daily basis. They are not going to be friendly and personable to everyone. You never know, he might not have gotten a bit from his missus the night before putting him in a bad mood.

 

If you don't want attention from the boys in blue, don't make your car stand out too much. Simple as that.

 

You are just asking for trouble while you are on your P's with personalised plates, big exhausts, dumped suspension, wheels hanging out of the guards etc.

 

I'm not trying to come across as being 'holier than thou'. I had my share of runins with the cops, and defects when I was younger. The thing is I didn't blame the cops as it was my fault I got in the situation in the first place. If I hadn't been driving like a dick, or had bald tyres etc. they would have left me alone and concentrated on someone else.

 

My advice. Keep it subtle on the outside, pick your time and place to let your hair down and you can get away with a lot more without hassles.

Edited by Felix

That's the thing though. Ryan's car doesn't stand out from the crowd and hasn't got any mods on it that he should have really gotten in trouble for. And as far as I know he was defected on private property. I'm pretty sure that's not legal. Surely the cop could've seen that Ryan was a nice kid and needs his car for work to be able to maybe give him a couple of little defects??

Thats what i think too

 

Are they allowed to do it on public property? its like them giving you a ticket for dangerous driving in your back paddock?

 

I don't know the laws, there all a jumble and hard/ impossible to find the answers so they can get you for anything, just depends the mood there in....

 

Travis

That's the thing though. Ryan's car doesn't stand out from the crowd and hasn't got any mods on it that he should have really gotten in trouble for. And as far as I know he was defected on private property. I'm pretty sure that's not legal. Surely the cop could've seen that Ryan was a nice kid and needs his car for work to be able to maybe give him a couple of little defects??

 

My understanding is that if it is currently rego'd on it it's fair game wherever it's sitting.

I'm not sayin cus I'm a nice kid he should turn a blind eye.

 

I totally accept that the car is defectable. I'm not disputing that. I'm actually suprised the tyres have lasted as long as they have.

 

I'm just annoyed at the fact i was polite and showed him every bit of respect. yet he treats me like scum, calls my car a piece of shit and pretty much says I'm a liar.

 

No wonder people have the attitude that they do towards the cops.

 

I will still have respect for the next cop that wants to pull me over. Jeez, i've actually pulled over and waited for one car to pull me over a lil while ago. only wondering why i was driving on defect. which i was within the 72hr limit.

My understanding is that if it is currently rego'd on it it's fair game wherever it's sitting.

 

But if this were to be the case, then that means they could defect your car while it's at a workshop getting something done on it if they wanted to.

oh well, I'm just gonna pay the $203 fine. Part the car out and start fresh.

Get a ke70 that will keep the heat away from you :)

Cops can defect you on private property if its a regoed car. Its just that they can't stay on private property if you tell them to stay off your property without a warrant. Meaning that they could just wait outside your property to wait for the wheels to roll out.

 

WGMG is that P platers who think they are invincible. A kid I knew died on friday night after trying to overtake 5 cars in a dip at the same time. Hit a tree and died instantly in an inferno. See the half burnt tree with flowers all around and it just reminds you of everything. Not only was his life at risk but the 5 other cars is worrying. .

 

Something else that GMG though is that no law's will be able to stop this from happening. No over taking on double white non broken lines, yet that happens anyway. It's such a waste.

Was that the 17 year old kid on the news in Tanunda??

 

WGMG is the fact I went to the doc's with a mile long list of things that are wrong with me and he put it down to stress.

 

The cure?? Meditation.

 

F*ck that for a joke.

 

Then I had a blood test the next day and it turns out my veins have dried up.

 

The guy spent about ten minutes fishing around in my arms with two different needles trying to find some blood.

 

Hurt like absolute shit.

 

Reckon he pierced straight through some veins too. Still hurts like hell sometimes and it was like two days ago.

"The guy spent about ten minutes fishing around in my arms with two different needles trying to find some blood."

 

^^^^ f##k that

thats the same reason why i don't let needles near me any more, ide rather cop a punch in the teeth than an injection(wuss, i know)

Edited by 36panvan

WGMG:

"Do you think they enjoy going to accident scenes and scraping young people off the road who have been speeding and driving recklessly? These people deal with the scum of society on a daily basis"

Unless young people are now classified as anyone under 50, I totally disagree with this statement. The only age group I know of who don't have a proportion of their age bracket that speed and recklessly drive are the elderly. And half of the elderly are dangerous to other people because of the decline in vision, reaction time, stubborness and lack of knowledge of road rules.

 

A broad section of people from all age groups crash. Introducing laws and tougher restrictions, harder tests, higher age for licensing etc is not going to make a significant difference in road tolls.

Driving is dangerous.

Everyone knows this. Driving is more dangerous when

a) you don't know how to drive properly

b) you don't follow the road rules

c) you select an innappropriate speed for the road and conditions

d) you act like a tool in a completely stupid spot

 

The fact of the matter is that there are alot of dickheads on the road, and (shock, horror) Stupid P-plate drivers are proportional to stupid drivers who have their full license.

There are always going to be dickheads, the best thing to do is to do what is right by you and other road users and attempt to stay out of the road of dickheads. If you see someone doing something stupid, report it to the police. If they're close to you, slow down, let them pass and stay out of their way so they don't hurt you as well.

We have several people down our street in commodore and falcon utes hoon past us every morning and night on their way to and from work, none of them are 'young' they're between 28-38 years old. Heaven forbid any kids would be on the road when their doing a single wheeler up the street!

 

Why can we not just introduce laws to target all unsafe drivers not just a certain age bracket?

Edited by corolla_nut

 

WGMG is the fact I went to the doc's with a mile long list of things that are wrong with me and he put it down to stress.

 

The cure?? Meditation.

 

F*ck that for a joke.

 

You should give it a go... what do you have to lose?

I say good on your doctor for suggesting something 'alternative' rather than loading you up on prescription meds like every other sold out quack on the pharma company's payroll.

 

Cleanse your mind and your body will follow... 'tis true. There is a very clear link between meditation and health... especially when it comes to stress. Stress makes the brain produce chemicals which are harmful in the long term. Remove the stress = remove the chemicals.

Also, when your mind focuses on a particular part of the body, the blood flow to that part increases and the cells receive more oxygen and nutrients.

 

Just find somewhere quiet and chill out for half an hour, even once a week is enough. Download some mantras, chuck the headphones in, close your eyes and you're away....

 

Even better, join a meditation group... seriously... Best thing I've ever done. Just half an hour of your precious time... :)

WGMG:

"Do you think they enjoy going to accident scenes and scraping young people off the road who have been speeding and driving recklessly? These people deal with the scum of society on a daily basis"

Unless young people are now classified as anyone under 50, I totally disagree with this statement. The only age group I know of who don't have a proportion of their age bracket that speed and recklessly drive are the elderly. And half of the elderly are dangerous to other people because of the decline in vision, reaction time, stubborness and lack of knowledge of road rules.

 

A broad section of people from all age groups crash. Introducing laws and tougher restrictions, harder tests, higher age for licensing etc is not going to make a significant difference in road tolls.

Driving is dangerous.

Everyone knows this. Driving is more dangerous when

a) you don't know how to drive properly

b) you don't follow the road rules

c) you select an innappropriate speed for the road and conditions

d) you act like a tool in a completely stupid spot

 

The fact of the matter is that there are alot of dickheads on the road, and (shock, horror) Stupid P-plate drivers are proportional to stupid drivers who have their full license.

There are always going to be dickheads, the best thing to do is to do what is right by you and other road users and attempt to stay out of the road of dickheads. If you see someone doing something stupid, report it to the police. If they're close to you, slow down, let them pass and stay out of their way so they don't hurt you as well.

We have several people down our street in commodore and falcon utes hoon past us every morning and night on their way to and from work, none of them are 'young' they're between 28-38 years old. Heaven forbid any kids would be on the road when their doing a single wheeler up the street!

 

Why can we not just introduce laws to target all unsafe drivers not just a certain age bracket?

 

 

If you check austats, you will find that in the last 10 years, for driver only fatalities (ie: not counting passengers) 18 year old males are 3 times more likely to be killed on the roads than a male in their forties. Yes, three times as many 18 yo's are dead than 40 yo's in that period. It's only about twice as likely if you're female. The figures are there, and the figures don't lie. The older you get, the less likely you are to die in a road accident. Three big killers: Fatigue, Inexperience, inattention. The middle one is the big killer in young people. That is why they are targeted.

 

I spend a portion of my life doing driver training with young people, I know the figures, I know the skill levels, and I know what they don't know. I'm sorry, it's a sad fact, but it's true.

Edited by Redwarf
gotta proofread better.....

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.