What Grinds My Gears.

Members dont see this ad
Has anyone seen the ssang yong acton ute? It looks like they cut the rear section off of a vito but what do you expect from Merc.

merc are gay lovers with sang yong. i will shoot anyone on here who drives a sang yong. (FWD,diesel.stupid small wheel base, lifts the rear wheels under hard braking (with 2 100kg real men driving)

WORSE THINGS EVER MADE! same level as "great wall" utes

post-8435-1277889823_thumb.jpgpost-8435-1277889829_thumb.jpg

YEA BOI!

Edited by Evan G

Yeah but the problem is being in a big 4WD you feel more comfortable taking risks. You're sitting up a lot high than the other cars and it gives you a sense of power.

If there were in a tiny little low to the ground car, then it's entirely plausible that they'd be more cautious because it actually feels like they're on the road with other people. As oppose to feeling like there's a road with people on it, and they're just happily driving over the top of it all.

do you drive a big 4wd?

and as to seperate licensing, good luck :)

do you drive a big 4wd?

and as to seperate licensing, good luck :)

Nah I don't drive one but when I was on my Learners I switched between my dads turbo diesel Pajero and my mums Mazda 6 hatch, so I'm reasonably well versed in the difference in driving between the two.

Obviously seperate licensing isn't the go, it's just about changing the perception to stop these people from buying them.

Love Ke70;

I was merging where 3 lanes become 2.

The type of setup where whoever is the furthest head has right of way.

maybe a car length on the 4wd, indicator on, begin to merge and next thing its half way up the side of the KE30 and I'm hard on the brakes to avoid some gutter love.

I'm all for 4wds and their owners......If you NEED IT, or USE IT!

They don't need any special licences....

...Just a law that states "4WD owners must have mud on their vehicle at all times. Failure to display mud under any circumstances shows a clear misuse of a dangerous weapon and will result in the loss of demerit points"

Or something like that anyway :)

They don't need any special licences....

...Just a law that states "4WD owners must have mud on their vehicle at all times. Failure to display mud under any circumstances shows a clear misuse of a dangerous weapon and will result in the loss of demerit points"

Or something like that anyway :)

ahahhahahhah!!!

Andrew's 4x4 ute is a work ute and it seems that the only 4x4 problem comes from the compact series like HRV's and x-trails.

The 4WD problem is more than just compact SUVs etc, it extends all the way up to Lancruisers and Range Rovers being used to tackle the scary heights of speed-bumps around school zones. I can understand the need for work 4x4s (construction sites, off-road etc) even in the city, but they aren't anywhere near the majority, and half the tradies etc use 2WD Falcons/Holdens/Jap-utes anyway not the Toorak Tractors or (to quote Jeremy Clarkson) gin-palaces-on-wheels.

Newcastle has a massive problem with them, and we don't even have an equivalent of Toorak or Mosman - we just happen to live close enough to the country that every man and his dog thinks a 4WD for those maybe-once-a-year getaways is the perfect tool for a daily drive too. Then again, we just have a massive problem with people not realising that there is this neat little lever/stalk thing behind the steering wheel that makes little orange lights around the vehicle flash, almost as if they were designed to "indicate" or something like that what direction the car intends on moving next.

I don't get soft roaders all togther.

Why do you need someing that big that doesnt have low range.

A car of the same price will be nicer to drive.

People are supid.

When you drive a semi at 100km it doesnt feel like your going fast at all.

so maybe thats a question in its self

I don't get soft roaders all togther.

Why do you need someing that big that doesnt have low range.

A car of the same price will be nicer to drive.

People are supid.

It's all about perception - you're higher up so get better forward vision (although vision in almost every other direction is worse), the car feels bigger so that gives you a sense of security (something parents LOVE when they have kids in the car), along with that there is a sense of space (and your average family picnic needs a lot of space), the higher seating position gives you an inflated sense of power and importance (staring down at the losers in the shitboxes), and then there's the "one day we'll go away camping for the weekend in the mountains and will need a 4WD".

Of course, each one of those points can be countered with a well thought-out vehicle purchase (most hatch-backs etc offer quite high seating without the overall vehicle height, plus excellent load carrying ability and interior flexibility, and that camping trip is either 5 minutes down a dirt road that a Mini could handle, or just a pipe dream).

Love Ke70;

I was merging where 3 lanes become 2.

The type of setup where whoever is the furthest head has right of way.

maybe a car length on the 4wd, indicator on, begin to merge and next thing its half way up the side of the KE30 and I'm hard on the brakes to avoid some gutter love.

I'm all for 4wds and their owners......If you NEED IT, or USE IT!

i see, i hate it when people do that, but thats not limited to 4wd drivers.

we often feel victimised by people in their v8s and zippy mobiles that don't wanna be stuck behind a "big slow 4wd"

as trev said, mines a 4x4 work ute.

patrol 4" lifted, next to no exhaust, mods to the shithouse, sway bars removed so it rolls like a prick, and i try to be a very cautious driver, so that i don't get reported, and so that 4wders don't get an even worse name.

its usually the people in dead standards that are the real issue.

and btw, driving a pajero while on your learners gives you no idea what its like to drive a big 4wd day to day, people are pricks, and its hard to see, so when i put my blinker on, give me some f@$king space to merge :)

its usually the people in dead standards that are the real issue.

QFT.

Generally speaking, if you've lifted and locked your 4by, its safe to assume you have a fair idea how to wheel the damn thing.

I made sure Mrs. Shades was comprehensively instructed on how to drive a 4wd before I let her loose on her own... All it takes is a few demonstrations and then explaining the physics.

Its not rocket science... But if you've never been educated, you don't know until you f*ck up. But there is NOTHING in the learners manual on the subject, NOTHING in the written or practical test, and I don't think there's ever been any sort of public education campaign, like maybe a series of ads on TV or a brochure in the glovebox when you buy one... IMO, there should be.

WGMG - buying something on Yahoo Japan based upon an Engrish translation and ok-ish photos that make you believe (with a certain amount of optimism) that it is the part you want, then wait 10 weeks for it to arrive by sea only to find out it is something completely different and utterly useless (probably couldn't even sell it, since the number of FXGTs in the country is likely to be less than the number of fingers on my left hand)

Ahh well, at least the front bar was exactly what I expected.