What Grinds My Gears.

Members dont see this ad

WGMG - Yeast intolerance to all forms of yeast.. No beer, bread, pizza, some forms of pastries (ingredients in some pies/pasties/sausage rolls is yeast) and yeaaaaahh.. It sucks.. Can't just whip up a sandwich..

Also WGMG - trucks running red lights. Or more specifically, trucks that are so long that when the cab hits the line the light is still orange,

You do realise that this is perfectly legal? Dad drives passenger coaches and he's had a few red lighters, but they always get retracted once he requests the photo evidence, usually its just the rear axle crossing the sensor after it's red.

I do wonder how many of those who have a little sook about heavy vehicles have ever actually driven one...

BINGO. I've only driven rigids around town and that's a bitch.

You guys need to realise that taking off at the lights in a fully loaded B double, by the time you get to the stop line, the driver has probably changed up about 8 gears, double clutching each time. Yeh yeh yeh you all say so what, you go do that, stop, do it again and see how you like it. All the way across town....

THEN throw in on top of that all the complete idiots in cars who can drive perfectly well on their lonesome but ZOMG BIG TRUCK WHAT DO I DO YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM *accelerate* *sporadic lane change* *dive on the picks* *right turn*.....

....Hmmm whats that honking screeching sound?

Edited by philbey

WGMG - Yeast intolerance to all forms of yeast.. No beer, bread, pizza, some forms of pastries (ingredients in some pies/pasties/sausage rolls is yeast) and yeaaaaahh.. It sucks.. Can't just whip up a sandwich..

No dirty vagoo for you then :jamie:

You do realise that this is perfectly legal? Dad drives passenger coaches and he's had a few red lighters, but they always get retracted once he requests the photo evidence, usually its just the rear axle crossing the sensor after it's red.

I do realise it is legal, in the sense that they aren't technically breaking the law as they have entered the intersection, but I still don't believe that it is the right thing to do. As I also mentioned, they often end up stopping whilst still in the intersection because of the second half pair of traffic lights 20m down the road, and THAT is illegal (you can't stop in an intersection, ie you can only enter it if there is room for you to exit) - yes car drivers do it as well at the same intersection, but they don't block multiple lanes like a semi or b-double do.

And my gripe is about one intersection in particular, because it happens to be a very busy one that I encounter every day to and from work. The argument about stop-start-stop-start doesn't really fly because these are one of the only set of traffic lights on Route 1 between Thornleigh and Buladelah, and is well out of any metro area.

It'll be spectacular, seeing as it will also be on fire, and I'll be plugging shotgun rounds through it as it trundles toward its salty demise

theres 2 25 amp fuses under the passanger seat, remove them for 1 min, plug em back in, then hold the window switch in the up postion till it goes all the way up and you should hear a "tink" noise from the control module

do the same for the "down postion" and passnager side and get back to me with results :jamie:

THEN throw in on top of that all the complete idiots in cars who can drive perfectly well on their lonesome but ZOMG BIG TRUCK WHAT DO I DO YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM *accelerate* *sporadic lane change* *dive on the picks* *right turn*.....

....Hmmm whats that honking screeching sound?

My theory on the trucks is that i'd sooner be behind one then having one sniffing my arse. Other words, if i pass one i want to know i'll be able to get a good distance away from it. More then once i've seen some dumb arse race past a truck only to slow back down again or pull in between the truck and a caravan (or something else).

No matter if the tractor unit is towing a trailer or bob tailing, the truck is going to take a lot longer to come to a stop then what a car would and i don't want to be in front when it has to hit the skids. Been there done that by accident and i have no wish to do it a second time.

My supervisor won't even answer the work phone anymore....

The other day after the thing had stopped ringing he had a go at me for not answering it while it was ringing. Mind you he was closer to it. I looked at him, cocked my head to the side, looked up a little (like i was trying to listen for it) "Nope can't hear it" i received a blank look as i turned around and walked off...

I do realise it is legal, in the sense that they aren't technically breaking the law as they have entered the intersection

Yeh cool, cool. Sounds like the problem is more with the intersection design than anything, and there should be curfews on B doubles during peak hour anyway? There are in SA at least.

My theory on the trucks is that i'd sooner be behind one then having one sniffing my arse. Other words, if i pass one i want to know i'll be able to get a good distance away from it. More then once i've seen some dumb arse race past a truck only to slow back down again or pull in between the truck and a caravan (or something else).

No matter if the tractor unit is towing a trailer or bob tailing, the truck is going to take a lot longer to come to a stop then what a car would and i don't want to be in front when it has to hit the skids. Been there done that by accident and i have no wish to do it a second time.

See you're not the problem. You know the score, you make the call and you stick behind them. But too many people get halfway alongside you and suddenly decide that they don't like being so close to those big scary spinny wheels and they lose their shit.

heres soemething that is lame, but is currently grinding my gears.

I'm at work, and i just remembered a cool song (karma-1200 Techniques) so of course i look over to my ipod and start scrolling up the list to the top where i would have almost put money on the fact that i had that song.

but alas its not there :jamie:

oh yeah but on a real topic, the current leaders of labor and liberal. That is all.

theres 2 25 amp fuses under the passanger seat, remove them for 1 min, plug em back in, then hold the window switch in the up postion till it goes all the way up and you should hear a "tink" noise from the control module

do the same for the "down postion" and passnager side and get back to me with results :jamie:

Cheers for the tip, tried it last night.

Alas, no love. I still have ghosts in control of my windows. I'll be driving along, not touching a damn thing, and they just start going nuts. The passenger side likes to stay down occasionally, making a tik tik tik noise for about 5 minutes. The driver's side switch doesn't affect the passenger window at all, but sometimes the driver's window switch works, but backwards.

Must have been friday arvo in Spain when they built this one.

Anyway, it's back at the dealer now, costing me money in downtime.