What Grinds My Gears.

A country with a population of just over 21 million people versus a country with over 500 million people. In regards to potential & actual sales volume, we're a minority & for the return the manufacturers will get from us, it's not "financially viable". It's not just the sale, it's after-sales service, parts etc that they also have to do.

IMHO anyway, believe me I agree that we get shafted. I could blame the government for implementing legislation & taxes on imported cars to 'protect' local manufacturers but it's possibly the wrong thread for that. :D

You make a good point, and it certainly makes sense from a driveline and engine perspective. But styling wise.. We got ruined compared to other countries.

No 2 door ke70. No awesome TE fronted ke30/50's, no dx ke70, no gt-s celica's or kp60's etc. Americans had it good. Plus all the little extras they got that we didn't

And all the jdm fanboys would love it had we gotten the Japanese ke70's. quads and chrome bars from factory

Members dont see this ad

You make a good point, and it certainly makes sense from a driveline and engine perspective. But styling wise.. We got ruined compared to other countries.

No 2 door ke70. No awesome TE fronted ke30/50's, no dx ke70, no gt-s celica's or kp60's etc. Americans had it good. Plus all the little extras they got that we didn't

And all the jdm fanboys would love it had we gotten the Japanese ke70's. quads and chrome bars from factory

Then they wouldn't be rare, sought-after cars here. Makes the ones (most) who DO have them here, that bit more special..

who knows the reasoning behind what countrys get what...but i have no doubt toyota has optomised its car model distribution to maximise profits. plenty of bean counters who don't even care abotu quad lights deciding which cheap small car at the time to import.

If it wont sell well, they wont import it!

WGMG, People that are happy being stuck in the same hazed out rut for the entire lives. Small town mentality breeds nothing but even smaller minds. Same old shit, get pissed, get stoned, get on it, work for your addiction. I don't know if it's a blessing or a curse. Or maybe they just can't see that what they're doing isn't normal. To me, not having ambition of some kind just seems like not wanting to live at all. Not wanting something better for yourself...It's just a blank existence. Or maybe they've found happiness somewhere I haven't looked or found yet. I don't know but either way I want out of here and AM getting out of here.

I just know that from personal experience, I definately wanted something different from that stage in my life. I'm kinda treating this like a blog now...Gotta vent somehow I suppose.

Society.

Girlfriend was having a girls night last night, dvds, a few drinks and her closest girlfriends over. No worries, all good.

I finish work early and pop in to say hey. All is good.

Her 'best-friend' (I use this term very loosely) decides she is bored, and invites, with no permission or reasoning, her boyfriend and three others that we did not know.

They arrive, already drunk, then proceed to ruin everyones night for around 15 minutes until I decide enough is enough, and kick them all out, including her 'best friend'.

She managed to completely ruin my girlfriend's girls night, insult a few people and then go off with her 21 year old dropkick, alcoholic boyfriend and his ʞ©$ɟed up mates..

I told her if she does that she ever again she can say goodbye to ever seeing my girlfriend again.. I got a dirty look and a ʞ©$ɟ off.

I hate how it's the minority that ruin it for the majority.

So glad I don't drink any more or hang out with retards..

end rant/