Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What Grinds My Gears.

Featured Replies

Civil - the butt of soooo many jokes. My favourite is Mechanical Engineers build weapons, Civil Engineers build targets.

 

3 year graduate Mechanical Engineer here, took me 8 bloody years to get my degree and was utterly sick of it by the end, but get into a good job you like in a field you enjoy and you won't care. Don't worry about marks too much, the best thing you learn at uni doing engineering is the ability to learn new things, as well as knowing where to find info when you need it (a good reference library is worth it's weight in gold, so don't throw away any textbooks).

 

ohh that is soo true.

 

yeah i took 5.5yrs....bit over it at the end.

 

i don't think i could pass any of the exams i did, and i only graduated ~2yrs ago.

 

my current employer didnt even look at my marks at the interview.........in fact i never even showed him my degree. which is good, as i would have to go and dig it out!! i really should frame that thing, along with my HECS statement.

  • Replies 10.4k
  • Views 1.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • You can't even be trusted with ball bearings... Who the hell would let you drive a forklift that can't stop?

  • Go be a douche somewhere else.   Yea, I'm in a bad mood.

  • @Blzbud666 & Trev.   Since you guys feel the need to input your opinions about drift either every time I post or everytime the word ke70 is mentioned, generally I've brushed it off as to try an

Posted Images

Civil - the butt of soooo many jokes. My favourite is Mechanical Engineers build weapons, Civil Engineers build targets.

 

3 year graduate Mechanical Engineer here, took me 8 bloody years to get my degree and was utterly sick of it by the end, but get into a good job you like in a field you enjoy and you won't care. Don't worry about marks too much, the best thing you learn at uni doing engineering is the ability to learn new things, as well as knowing where to find info when you need it (a good reference library is worth it's weight in gold, so don't throw away any textbooks).

 

Jesus 8 years how on earth did you survive that.

I'm not worried about my marks I'm just worried about passing.

If I drop out I think I would become a Engineering Technician as I prefer/am good at the hands on stuff and the pay is still pretty bloody good.

 

Also is rollaclub bloody engineering central.

Yay. I aint the only one with 8 odd years of uni. 2 years mining eng, jumped across to metallurgy for 4 years for a B of Sc. Went back for 12 months for a grad dip in education - that was a waste of time. Might of just done the teaching rounds for the good that the uni time did.

Good to see many aspiring engineers/ engineers on this site, pleased to meet you all! :)

Happy to give advice/ helping hand to those still studying, I know your pain!

 

What grinds my gears is pricks that tailgate you when your on the speed limit, keybanging fixes that easily!

 

Cheers,

Justin

Edited by e70rolla

my current employer didnt even look at my marks at the interview.........in fact i never even showed him my degree. which is good, as i would have to go and dig it out!! i really should frame that thing, along with my HECS statement.

 

I technically hadn't graduated when I started my current job, had finished all my courses and had received official word from the uni that I had finished, but the actual ceremony wasn't until about 2 or 3 weeks after I started

 

Jesus 8 years how on earth did you survive that.

 

31 out of 32 subjects completed for a Mechatronics degree, then switched to Mechanical (there was one course I just couldn't pass, based around transistor amplifiers) for 6 subjects to make up the difference (managed to get credit for a lot of things), plus a few fails along the way.

 

I survived by spending a lot of time in the uni computer labs on forums etc instead of actually going to lectures.

i really should frame that thing, along with my HECS statement.

 

It would be good, would make me feel a little less silly about framing my Certificate II in Engineering. :lol:

 

I am curious, as engineers (mech &/or civil), do you just design things or do you build them too?

Cool, a lack of hands-on work would drive me batty! I wasn't having a dig at engineers either, I could've phrased that post better.

 

The failure analysis would be, umm, interesting with underground mining equipment (thinking more the size of the things rather than the safety implications).

Good to see many aspiring engineers/ engineers on this site, pleased to meet you all! :)

 

I've been in the game as an Electrical Engineer nearly 2 years now... not too bad I suppose considering I'm still 23. Happy to give advice/ helping hand to those still studying, I know your pain!

 

Also what grinds my gears is when pricks tailgate you when your doing the speed limit, I guess that's what backfiring is good for!

 

Cheers,

Justin

 

Yeah tailgaters are retards, my favourite thing to do is if we happen to stop at the lights together is to say "If your such a fast driver why didn't you overtake"

I've received numerous retarded answers.

 

I think there should be a special section for complain about uni haha

Cool, a lack of hands-on work would drive me batty! I wasn't having a dig at engineers either, I could've phrased that post better.

 

The failure analysis would be, umm, interesting with underground mining equipment (thinking more the size of the things rather than the safety implications).

 

Actually undergound equipment isn't _that_ big (except for a few things like shields and shearers), surface equipment can be huge however

Another one here,But I guess not a real engineer in the Uni guys eyes :unsure:

Wgmg: Went drinking last night for my mates birthday, now I have tafe.. getting up at 7 wasn't fun

Sleeping pattern has turned to shit.. Go to bed early and still can't get up before 9.. This is shitting me no end now.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.