What Grinds My Gears.

One of my biggest hates on the road is people that overtake and then want to do 10k's under the posted speed limit. I'm fine if you wanna overtake me, just don't f@$king hold me up after you've decided you don't wanna go that fast.

Also people that drive with driving lights or high beams on all the time....most driving lights are 100w or over, and don't have sectioning in the lamp lense to direct the light away from oncoming cars or peoples rear vision mirrors. The supra has them, i don't turn them on unless i'm using highbeam and normally thats when i'm driving out where there is no street lights.

I think thats my first actual grind my gears post, that i actually grinded gears about something. rofl.

and when people JUST drive with there fog lights on at night (commowhores especially)

Members dont see this ad
it annoys me when p platers complain about not allowed to drive turbo/supercharged/v8's (victoria law), they can't see it saves lives, first thing they would do if they had a turbo car is go drifting, do max speed with a full load of people in the car.

tools

get a under powered 1.3L corolla and enjoy it!!!

It doesnt matter if its turbo/SC/V8 or even a 1.3L corolla, people are still gonna hoon around in them and do silly things. Some people fail HARD.

Someone on here once said it: Ban Low Performance Drivers, Not Hight Performance Cars.

Its not the cars that kill, its the person in control.

It doesnt matter if its turbo/SC/V8 or even a 1.3L corolla, people are still gonna hoon around in them and do silly things. Some people fail HARD.

Someone on here once said it: Ban Low Performance Drivers, Not Hight Performance Cars.

Its not the cars that kill, its the person in control.

(your implying me arent you :wink:)

thats 100% correct! but if you just got your licence and go buy a 180sx boosted to 13psi , your asking for trouble, thats why vic roads said "f@$k that, no turbo/sc/v8 suffer but stay alive"

I can see the no turbo/v8 law from both sides, yes given powah I'd do skids etc, but at the other end of the scale an under powered corolla can be dangerous too, for example if you have to pull out into fast moving traffic. And NSW laws doesn't make sense; you can have a v6 commodore, but not an old 253, even though the v6 has more power. :wink:

What annoys me with high beams is an amazing amount of people think its okay to have their high beams on when behind someone, and they only have to turn them off for oncoming cars.

(your implying me arent you :wink:)

thats 100% correct! but if you just got your licence and go buy a 180sx boosted to 13psi , your asking for trouble, thats why vic roads said "f@$k that, no turbo/sc/v8 suffer but stay alive"

Nah mate, not implying you. I had my dig at ya already.

Even i almost put my ke25 into a sign pole. That was 3k powered and the thing had a 4k head so real low comp.

That was a tail flick turn into a 4 wheel slide and 180 spin. I was very lucky i didnt hit it. Since then i have had a bit more respect of the line between what i can and can't do.

As KEnut said, I remember a mate from vic talking about the exact same cars/engines. 253 = around 114 flywheel kw V6 = around 125 flywheel kw.

Sure, its only 9kw. but lets see what gets up to speed quicker.

They even banned Ford transits due to a turbo diesel 4cyl making a HUGE 88kw.

banning turbo diesels is just stupid. what was there reasoning? they didnt do that up here...

felix, high power or low power, young drivers are still gonna drive like tools and still gonna experiment, so they will always be over represented in statistics, its hardly a new thing, its just focused on more now.

funny thing, the 1g corolla is the only car i havnt been booked in...

Because it's turbo. since reading that i think they have had a more in depth look into what they've banned and adjusted them accordingly

Turbo diesels, kei-cars and some low-boost luxo models are exempt in NSW.

And WGMG - SAP. If anyone on here has to use it at work, they'll know what I mean.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

And WGMG - SAP. If anyone on here has to use it at work, they'll know what I mean.

SAP isn't that bad ;) I use it day in day out - was part of the CTC implementation team for Rio Tinto Iron Ore ...

but again - i only use the CTC side of the program ... so reserve judgement on other modules :2thumbs: