What Grinds My Gears.

WGMG is what main roads is doing to all the left turns around the place. I'm not sure if anyone has picked it up but they are installing traffic islands that turn a nice smooth left hand corner, into a corner where you have to fully stop as its almost 90 degrees. Kinda stupid in my eyes. The dickheads on the roads have bad judgement skills along with horribly slow reflexes making a corner like this slow, and take forever to go through. I like it better where you can at least have that bit of a run up to get somewhat closer to the speed limit, so you can join the flow of traffic easier.

Members dont see this ad
wgmg - going to nandos to find out there out of chicken? ;)

We had that happen at a paticular Red Rooster down my way......Multiple times, way to go guys :lol:

You do know that food places change the cooking amount via a roster to meet customer demands but every now and then you have an unexpected day where there is higher demand and you run out, When I was at KFC we used to have to cook extra on thursday's and fridays as it was high demand.

It was the same when i use to work in a restaurant - friday night was a rehearsal for saturday which was a "all hands on deck cause the shut was going to hit the fan"

Edit - but on that note there was the rare time where we were sitting around cause of it being slow

Edited by towe001

stupid car drivers who think that they can race a train at the crossings. I'm a train driver and I'm telling everyone I know don't race it because it isn't worth it and we do not stop

And also the the selfish people who see it fit for them to jump in from of the train for their own personal gain (suicide)

I'm NOT TRYING TO SOUND HEARTLESS. but it has to be said after that exact thing happened to me this morning.

And also my deepest sympathies go out to those that have been affected by this sort of thing

Its pretty f@$ked up what train drivers go through and most people aren't even aware of it. I cannot believe there are still people who think its a great idea to race a few hundred tonne up to multi thousand tonne train. Completely f@$king stupid.

it was in the moderate to heavy populated area near sydney. not allowed to say due to a police investigation which is involved. I consider my self lucky that I drive bulk and container trains and only go in to Metro area once a week. but according to company survey there is a "jumper" almost everyday and thats only with my company so there is obviously more.

Irokin FYI empty train with 40 wagons is about 970 tons with a length of about 750m and a 40 loaded wagons can weigh 2800 tons up to a round 9000 tons. now anyone that is crazy enough to do the tango with that then just make sure I'm not in it please.

And thank u for your concerns of my mental well being. nothing another trip to the shrink can't fix. it worked last time. yes it wasn't the first time it has happened to me. last time it was a mother who ran the lights with her three kids in the car. thankfully no one was seriously hurt but the car was a write off