What Grinds My Gears.

The general tone of gen Y.

I sell a part on DC, its a cheap deal for the guy. A very good price.

Anyhow, he sms me originally so i say message me on the forum about it. He does, I give paypal and eft info.

So he messages me back and says money sent.

I message back and say whats your complete address.

Tumbleweeds.

I message again.

Finally get a response after two weeks giving me shit for not finding some one line version of it in the notes of the paypal transaction. WTF, who checks their paypal and then clicks on every transaction to invcestigate every piece of attached information. I looked to see if it was there and it was, he never told me the address was there.

So, ʞ©$ɟ the asshole for giving me shit. If he could have just told me like a normal person either where to find the address or just to repeat it to me on the forum, I could have sorted it for him immediately, he could have had his shit two weeks ago instead of a paypal refund and a big "ʞ©$ɟ you kid."

Do people really think they can be lazy as ʞ©$ɟ and then give people shit about the problems it causes them?

Members dont see this ad

Do people really think they can be lazy as ʞ©$ɟ and then give people shit about the problems it causes them?

Yep.

Only when behind a keyboard though.

My latest grinds my gears is the distinct lack of puncuality from people.

It seems now that we all have mobile phones, it is quite reasonable to be late, and just send a quick text to say "will be 15mins late"

back in the day, if you said you were going to be somewhere at 10am, you were there at 10am, because there was no way of letting someone know you were going to be late.

I'm sick of meeting up with friends and family in public places, and then my wife and i sitting in a cafe for 20mins trying to save the seats for people that have just sent a "we slept in lol, will be there soon".

Latest one my wife went to meet one of her girlfriends for coffee, the other girl was 45mins late! 45mins!!!!!

In my opinion, how puncutal you are to meet with people is a direct reflection on how you value the time you spend with them. if you are always 30mins late, what does that say?

I have another one.

I found a revenue raising loophole that Campbell Newman has created for QLD police.

I went to court yesterday for traffic shit. Simple speeding and an unjust charge of travelling in the right lane.

I beat the unjust charge on the strength of the evidence. This was done by the Prosecution dealing it out in exchange for a guilty plea on the speeding.

What I found out after was, if you plead guilty to anything in the QLD courts, you don't just get costs of $78.50 applied by the magistrate, you get a $100 admin fee to pay called the 'offenders levy'. The courts are not legally bound to tell you this, however, if you don't pay it, it goes to spur and it suspends your license, gets your car clamped or property seized. Just like a judgement or a fine? So it is a fine really. Its exactly the same.

Also, the court has to display a notice about it, and the court I attended did not. I made my own notice, and then it was ripped down and I was chastised by a plain clothes officer for putting it up. They don't want you to know, because in my case, I had a reasonable shot at beating the minor speeding charge, but decided to plea it out and save time. If I had known about the $100 then I would have taken my chances in court as it as a $100 admin fee is more expensive than the fine was on the beaten charge.

This levy is a new thing brought about by, you guessed it, Campbell Newman. I guess he figures if 100,000 Queenslanders are pleading guilty to minor infringements in court each year, and they all pay $100 extra, he makes 10 million bucks in revenue.

So lets follow this through. I was in court when I did not need to be. I was there because of the corrupt behaviour of a QLD police officer, I subsequently cleared the false charge but still had to pay the $100 offenders levy.

If I had just gotten the speeding ticket and been on my way then I would have paid it and moved on, with no need to fight unjust bullshit for a year and a half through the courts, which ultimately gets a person ripped off to the tune of $100.

Its just another way to hold the poor and the struggling down and force your hand into the pockets of more people more often. And $100. The court can supply a magistrate and enough time for a trial for $78.50, yet they can't accept a simple payment for less than $100 in admin fees? WTF..

I'm moving to Canada.

I have another one.

I found a revenue raising loophole that Campbell Newman has created for QLD police.

I went to court yesterday for traffic shit. Simple speeding and an unjust charge of travelling in the right lane.

I beat the unjust charge on the strength of the evidence. This was done by the Prosecution dealing it out in exchange for a guilty plea on the speeding.

What I found out after was, if you plead guilty to anything in the QLD courts, you don't just get costs of $78.50 applied by the magistrate, you get a $100 admin fee to pay called the 'offenders levy'. The courts are not legally bound to tell you this, however, if you don't pay it, it goes to spur and it suspends your license, gets your car clamped or property seized. Just like a judgement or a fine? So it is a fine really. Its exactly the same.

Also, the court has to display a notice about it, and the court I attended did not. I made my own notice, and then it was ripped down and I was chastised by a plain clothes officer for putting it up. They don't want you to know, because in my case, I had a reasonable shot at beating the minor speeding charge, but decided to plea it out and save time. If I had known about the $100 then I would have taken my chances in court as it as a $100 admin fee is more expensive than the fine was on the beaten charge.

This levy is a new thing brought about by, you guessed it, Campbell Newman. I guess he figures if 100,000 Queenslanders are pleading guilty to minor infringements in court each year, and they all pay $100 extra, he makes 10 million bucks in revenue.

So lets follow this through. I was in court when I did not need to be. I was there because of the corrupt behaviour of a QLD police officer, I subsequently cleared the false charge but still had to pay the $100 offenders levy.

If I had just gotten the speeding ticket and been on my way then I would have paid it and moved on, with no need to fight unjust bullshit for a year and a half through the courts, which ultimately gets a person ripped off to the tune of $100.

Its just another way to hold the poor and the struggling down and force your hand into the pockets of more people more often. And $100. The court can supply a magistrate and enough time for a trial for $78.50, yet they can't accept a simple payment for less than $100 in admin fees? WTF..

I'm moving to Canada.

I think you're misdirecting your hatred...

The bloke didnt sit there and say "how can I make money from the courts"

There would have been a group of people, working in that department, being told they needed to break even to cover the costs of their overstaffed departments, too many privledges and whatever else floats their boat.

Those knob heads then go into overdrive to figure out where their staffs time goes.

They see that a percentage of their costs come from judges, security, admin staff etc etc processing cases where the defendant has pleaded guilty to charges (which if it was all charges, would be people aiming to get a lesser penalty or some leniency in their sentencing, like not losing their licence, one point program, drivers ed etc)

And they decide that those people using the courts to their advantage should have to pay. So you get the follow on to people who arent there doing that (like yourself)

realistically though, it isnt a terrible idea, if you choose to take an offence to court, knowingly guilty then you should have to pay for the use of the system to get a lesser penalty.

Anyway, back to the original point, those people coming up with the ideas arent of any political party, they are the guys sitting in departmental positions, that report to the other guys, that then give briefings to the ministers, that then go to the premier with their plans to save money.... regardless of who is in power, the plebs that come up with these plans are all the same and they still happen....

realistically though, it isnt a terrible idea, if you choose to take an offence to court, knowingly guilty then you should have to pay for the use of the system to get a lesser penalty.

Sorry dude but I take exception to this. Your just playing devils advocate, it seems your glossing over the truly abhorrent parts. You must be down with the liberals.

This is why we have fines awarded by courts to offenders, this is why we have reparation orders, compensation schemes, and court costs. Trust me, end up on the wrong side of a court and you will be paying through the nose for the lawyer before you even get there. Innocent people get stitched up all the time, its a fact of life. Should they have to exhaust their savings or go into a massive debt to beat a corrupt case? Its just taking advantage of ignorant politically conservative peoples lack of empathy and selfish world view by marginalising anyone who enters a court as "a criminal who deserves to pay".

By your logic, LJ, people who use the courts to get acquitted of all charges should still have to pay for the benefit of using the courts to clear their name, when they were innocent! It makes zero sense, courts should dish out justice to those who deserve it, not sell it to those who can afford it. I feel like you are just being argumentative. Perhaps I touched a nerve knocking the conservatives, I dunno.

This was a tax brought about by the Campbell Newman government. Its that clear cut.

Justice should be free. Its elitist to expect people to pay for the use of the courts. If it isn't free then justice becomes a rich mans privilege and a poor mans dream. This widens the gap between rich and poor. Its a classic case of Bureaucrats on fat salaries making legislation that's not properly modelled, and them not having the vision or empathy to see how it could negatively effect the innocent people out there.

How about considering that innocent people are being dragged into the courts by the Police. People like me. People who need not use the facilities of the court if they weren't dragged there, kicking and screaming, by corrupt Police.

I had to use the system to my advantage thanks to the actions of a Police officer, not myself.

I really don't understand how you can not understand that.

My Brother's insurnace company failed to protect him from a false claim that he reversed into him at a carpark.

The other person sued via a lawyer, got a 3rd party witness from somewhere, the court ruled in their favour. The fact that there has never been any damage on my brothers car did not come into it, as 'it coudl have been fixed before inspection'. And the only witness my brother had was his mate sitting in the car with him, which of course wasnt worth anything.

My brother doesnt have the ability to defend himself, has no money to hire a lawyer, cannot get time off work to even go and see a lawyer, and just had to take the hit as an "at fault" incident and pay his excess + legal costs. so he now has a black mark on his name thus insurnace has gone up $400/year.

In this instance the system has favoured the person with additional money and additional time and completley screwed over the party without money and time.

WGMG: People hating on Gen Y. Yes there is some ʞ©$ɟen idiot faces but they were brought up by another idiot face to be like that.

At the same time though, blaming the parents of slacker Gen Y'ers for their attitude is diverting attention away from the fact that most of the f-with Gen Y'ers refuse to take responsibility for anything, including their own attitude. Yes the parents do tend either molly-coddle or enable them, but it isn't fair to fully lay blame on either party.

WGMG!

Channel 10/oneHD's absolutely embarrassing coverage of the F1's on the weekend!!!

I'm not interested in a bunch of C-grade celebs being interviewed on a couch. Don't care what Leo Sayer has to say or what's happening on the biggest looser. I'm watching the F1's for the F1's and the support races. Not even one lap of the historic sports/le mans cars were shown.

Channel 10 take a long hard look at channel 7's coverage of Bathurst!!! That's what a full day of watching motorsport is about, a full day of motorsport!!

yeah isnt the whole generation name thing jsut a way of generalising a bunch of people?....by the stupid media.

I can't really find anything decent that specifies when a generation starts and stops.....

Though its interesting, i think especially over the last 10yrs, technology and i guess society has changed so much, that there can be huge changes in the way someone was brought up even if they are only 5-8yrs age difference.

look at the effect of facebook on the world? its basically taken over everything. can't have a conversation without someone mentioning bloody facebook, TV adverts full of facebook, every 2nd business card i see lists a facebook page over a website. and facebook has only really been around about 5yrs.