What Grinds My Gears.

Members dont see this ad
Goddamn dumbass builders/roofers/whoever else who can't keep all their screws and nails in their ute. If I knew who you were I'd come shove this roofing screw thats in my tyre up your f@$king arse!

Make sure its sideways for optimum damage.

I think pointy end first followed by a size 14 steel cap boot is the optimal insertion method. Seriously pissed, mainly because I'm lazy and this is gonna mean a trip to the tyre shop on Saturday morning. And I've gotta change out my buggered tie rods so I don't wreck the new tyres with my full sick toe out. Syrinhdjhdyegtfaywyehyeusyghjfofkfj!!!!!

On the plus side I guess it is motivation to get these ma61s on. But I think I'm a wheel nut short, Sigh.

Goddamn dumbass builders/roofers/whoever else who can't keep all their screws and nails in their ute. If I knew who you were I'd come shove this roofing screw thats in my tyre up your f@$king arse!

sorry ben :)

usually I'm only leaving 38mm clouts in my trail, roofing screws is a bit excessive though

WGMG - My dad. He's having a wall built and as he's not upto it any more, so he's having someone build it for him. We bought stackable blocks ready for the job so all this guy has to do is the footings and stack the blocks. I kept telling my dad that he should ask if the guy would give us a discount for "cash" but no, he refuses to ask. So he is more than willing to fork out $2,500+ to pay a guy to stack a 20m wall x 500mm high. Then he goes outside and gives the guy a hand... And he calls me dumb.

Secondly we called Mr Antenna last week to come fix our reception as my parents can't get SBS on their new TV, tho they could on the old set top box. They rang back today and told us it wasn't going to be $80 like originally quoted, it was going to be $280. WOW cause I went down to Dick Smith and bought the reception booster they said we needed, for $50 and installed it myself. And I could have gotten a cheaper one from ebay if I wanted. But I guess thats fine. $200 would cover the call out fee and compensation for having to go into the crawl space where I myself lost 1.5kgs today. (I can't see where I left it but it too hot up there to go get it)

Thirdly I keep running into shit and hurting myself. I was going to lift some weights this arvo then whacked my arm while walking into the gym room :) Maybe I am dumb.

Yup Mr antenna are good at that.

I rang up, got quoted just under 200 for installation and tuning of a new ariel. I was sick and tired of f@$king around with it myself.

dude comes out, jumps up on the roof for five minutes, gets back down and proceeds to tell me he only has bad news....

For starters we need to switch to Newcastle only channels by facing our ariel towards the opposite direction which means we wont be getting any sydney channels (the ones we wacth) and only getting the regional horseshit.

Then he goes on to say I need a $199 amplifier to boost my signal enough to get a clear picture.

And I'm also going to need a $199 "tin mount" to mount my new fangle antenna on the roof, because a normal one wont work due to the colourbond roofing....

so all up my quote blows out to just under $700...

I told him to stick it up his arse I'll do it myself for that f@$king price.

Went to bunnings, they wanted $100 for an internal powerboardd type amplifier.

Ducked into Dicks smiths just to compare prices, they had an $80 external pole mounted booster and a $50 booster, dude tells me they are exactly the same....

I pulled the old antenna down, cleaned all the contacts, re-sealed the connector box, threw on the amp, plugged in the power source and I now have crystal clear reception, tweice as many channels (syd+regional) and it only cost me $100 MAX! plus a couple hours of my time.

My missus (yeah I went there) :)

She goes away in three days for a week so I am going to be in awesome town for five days - good part :laff:

She is successfully whinging and moaning at me so much in the lead up to her departure that she is going to potentially ruin the buzz of having the five days to myself and effectively ruin my awesome town!! :) :)

Countdown even down to contact hours before departure (excludes work time etc) - 12 hours :blush:

Missus has left for the week, no more grinding of gears :) :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:

My missus (yeah I went there) :)

She goes away in three days for a week so I am going to be in awesome town for five days - good part :laff:

She is successfully whinging and moaning at me so much in the lead up to her departure that she is going to potentially ruin the buzz of having the five days to myself and effectively ruin my awesome town!! :) :)

Countdown even down to contact hours before departure (excludes work time etc) - 12 hours :blush:

Missus has left for the week, no more grinding of gears :) :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: