What Grinds My Gears.

Almost got wiped out this morning on the way to work. Was sitting at the lights that my street comes off, light turns green and I turn left. All of a sudden I hear a massive woosh and saw a Merc A Class fly past me at atleast 100km/h. Any more to the right and my car would have been written off and I would have been going to to the hospital instead of work. If I were to be going straight or turning right the bitch would have hit my drivers door.

Members dont see this ad
Why should I. Its green. I should be able to go without fearing a hospital visit

Sadly JiP, most drivers are too busy f@$king around in their cars to take notice of signals, signs and even permanent fixtures and do the wrong thing. You HAVE to look, it's the safest way to get around, can save your life. Has saved mine, however i was on a pushbike, but it's the same principal.

Though i'd love to just kick some of those idiots up the arse..

WGMG: Stomach aches.. WHY OH WHY do i get aches when the doctors can't find anything wrong...

Green = "Proceed with caution", not "Go". One of the most frequently forgotten road rules.

Absolutely.

Yellow is stop if safe to do so.

I even looked it up for you:

From the learners handbook (I can't be bothered going through the actual legislation right now) http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/resources/...ete_july_09.pdf

You must not drive past the STOP line at the

yellow traffic light or, if there is no STOP line,

the traffic light.

You must not drive in the direction of the yellow

traffic arrow past the STOP line at the traffic light

or, if there is no STOP line, the traffic light.

However, you may drive past the yellow traffic light

or arrow if you are so close to the light or arrow

when it changes from green to yellow, it is unsafe

to stop.

So essentially a yellow light is as good as a red and you can and will be booked for going through a yellow if you could have stopped safely. In fact you can be booked for going through a green without due caution (i.e. stale green light).

I don't remember much from my one and only proper driving lesson, but one thing the instructor said which stuck with me was actually the very first thing he said when we got into the car.

"Right, first thing you need to know. Everyone else on the road is a hopeless f@$kwit. Assume otherwise and one of them will promptly kill you".

WGMG: Stomach aches.. WHY OH WHY do i get aches when the doctors can't find anything wrong...

it could be chrons disease thats what i have.

does it feel a bit like you have a heap of gas but you don't?

its worth finding out because its not uncommon and you will have it for life.

Sums it up pretty damn well! You can go overboard trying to drive for others though.

I guess experience plays a part in that regard...

At first you assume the worst of everyone. With time, you recognise the common errors people make, you instinctively anticipate them as they're incorporated into your normal driving mentality.

Although driving up here with the percentage of rented Getz' being piloted by hogwimperingly stupid 'drivers' from all corners of the planet (I'm looking at YOU Asia) I've learned to assume nothing and expect anything. Soooo many stories :wink:

it could be chrons disease thats what i have.

does it feel a bit like you have a heap of gas but you don't?

its worth finding out because its not uncommon and you will have it for life.

Nah it's not chrones disease, my uncle has that. My heart really does go out to you for having it mate.

I think it might just be a stress related thing..