What Grinds My Gears.

Members dont see this ad

I like the idea of the Melbourne cup. But i just don't get the idea of "The race that stops a nation." Last year at work, sure the boss brought a radio out but i still had to work my arse off. We couldn't stop for those few minutes and crowd around the radio.

Think its a bit stupid when they say its the race that stops a nation when its only Melbourne that gets the public holiday.

I like the idea of the Melbourne cup. But i just don't get the idea of "The race that stops a nation." Last year at work, sure the boss brought a radio out but i still had to work my arse off. We couldn't stop for those few minutes and crowd around the radio.

Think its a bit stupid when they say its the race that stops a nation when its only Melbourne that gets the public holiday.

Nah, just sounds like your boss is a prick, most places I've worked at we've at least stopped work to watch/listen to the race, sometimes even crack out some snacks/party-pies and drinks etc, and we have several sweeps running. Sure Melbourne gets a full public holiday, but the race itself is really the only important bit of the day unless you're seriously into horse-racing, so apart from the odd exception the race pretty much does stop the nation, or at least put it on pause for a few minutes.

Nah, just sounds like your boss was a prick, most places I've worked at we've at least stopped work to watch/listen to the race, sometimes even crack out some snacks/party-pies and drinks etc, and we have several sweeps running. Sure Melbourne gets a full public holiday, but the race itself is really the only important bit of the day unless you're seriously into horse-racing, so apart from the odd exception the race pretty much does stop the nation, or at least put it on pause for a few minutes.

I'm a house bitch now :)

It was the same when i was working at a resort on the sunshine coast. The boss pulled a radio out but we had to keep working.

But on that note, the resort was the worst for things like that. New years night, while every man and his dog was out watching the fireworks etc etc i was arms up in a crap load of work and not allowed to step outside to watch and scream "Happy new years"

adelaide gets a public holiday for the Adelaide cup. Just that nobody cares about the horse race....

Nah, just sounds like your boss is a prick, most places I've worked at we've at least stopped work to watch/listen to the race,

Yep. Same.

Where to start

Kids spent the day at each others throats - i truly know why some parents of the animal kingdom eat their young.

Amber gets home from work and her telstra mobile has been disconnected. So off we went back over to the hated telstra shop. 10-15 minutes of sitting around watching one of the staff dancing, yes phucking dancing, to the music videos on the tv we finely got some service only to get told that there's no record of her number..... but they'll be able to do a trace on her account number. I had to race back home to find an old telstra bill...... Raced back and got every single red light on the way back (good ol' murphy at work). Handed the account number over.... "Oh, your phone number had been suspended.... I think it was cause Rob had his number disconnected....."

Got home and Amber did her thing with reporting her work to centrelink. I went to do the same thing with lodging my dole form on the net only to get blocked out cause of the stupid security questions. So i filled in the paper one that i had, drove over to centrelink to hand it in and ask about my centrelink page and that i've been blocked out. The old lady proceeded to give me question after question on why i couldn't remember the security questions.... She didn't like it when i turned around and told her that for one answer i forgot to put in the spaces between the words and for two other questions the answers were the same but for one reason or another the correct answer for them was wrong....

My new phone has no games on it.....

And it seams like i can't get a game or an application onto it.

Tried both direct from the net and indirect from the computer..... no go...

Sucks

At least i have true sat nav on it :D

Ok going to start another bitch session

Phucking ebay this time and i guess paypal as well.

Sold a few items on ebay and it wouldn't except any of my postage costs only its own. One item no bigger then a dvd case was costing, oh, about $40 to send to victoria.... Been trying to revise everything for the past week but then it just changes the postage again....

And now i find out that some people have paid into a paypal account that i was forced to close about 6 months ago..... Even knowing that i listed the correct account on ebay.... And it looks like the payments have gone through....

Toowoomba drivers.

Pulled up at a set of traffic lights earlier today. Car pulled up along side and then took off straight through the red light.

Phucking pretzels and this damn town. I swear half of this town has stupid in the water.

Another case in point - Came up to a t-intersection and since i was going to make a left turn, left hand blinker and left side of street i went, there was a car in front in the middle of the lane. Said car had to move backwards cause of a semi wanting to make a right turn down the same street. So said pretzel reversed his car a couple of metres, truck moved down the street a little bit, pretzel reversed a little bit more, then truck then pretzel. After a bit the truck finely got around the corner and said dumb arse makes a left hand turn and all this time the pretzel could have turned the corner... Or in the least as reversing move over to the left side.

Getting defected for anything and everything in adelaide

it really makes you not even want to own a car or work on one

knowing it will get picked by the police

once its defected its a real pain to get it off at regency

and if they don't like you they will always find something to not let it pass

like my friends dad's ute after his 4th attempt when he was frustrated enough they didn't lift the defect because there was 1.1 mm of paint overspray on the indicator

he took it outside and took it off with acetone and had to pay another fee to have it looked at '

i think they found something again

finally after around 4 grand of trying to get it off he finally did it

and lost all respect for the police and the the government

great isn't it hey