What Grinds My Gears.

WPMO - Ordered a pair of bonnet seals (the ones that seal across the headlights and radiator support) through my local Toyota dealership a couple of weeks before Toyotafest, got told that they'd take 4-6 weeks to get here due to the parts situation in Japan etc etc which didn't really bother me as I was in no rush. Anyhoo, now that it is a good 6 weeks later and no word, so decided to give them a ring and see what the situation is, only for them to do some rooting around in their system and find that one of the seals had arrived (but they didn't know where it was), and the other one was NLA.....FFS, couldn't you have told me that 6 weeks ago when I ordered the bloody thing???

Guess it is time to start hunting around wreckers...

Members dont see this ad

thr is knw rsn that ne 1 shld nt b abl 2 typ out ful wrds whn they hve a ful QWERTY kybrd n frnt of them.

i dnt care if u r on a phone, it has a ful kyrbrd as wel.

lzy bugrs.

(short word for 'phone'? 'phn'?)

:ban:

I've been forced back to my old Nokia. (And my god i can't believe i've missed it, feels so much better to use then a touch phone, but it does mean i've lost my contacts etc.) Its only got the typical number keypad, but i'm still able to type out the full words.

CEL-check engine light

IWG-internal waste gate

EWG-external wastegate

TBE-turbo back exhaust

CBE-cat back exhaust.

WHY DO WE NEED THESE IN ACRONYMS.

oh yeah, i have a 6 page A3 document with all the acronyms used in the BP refinery (where i work).

i spend alot of my time CTRL + F'ing in that pdf....

Ford use acronyms in their repair manuals. The amount of times an acronym is used is unbelievable but if they didn't the already 4 inch thick book would probably be another inch thick.

WGMG - Had organised for two mates to help me move house, woke up to a text messgage "sorry dude, can't help today, got wasted last night & don't feel too good". Great, thanks...one question.....how drunk did you get after I left that childs 1st birthday party?!? :blinks:

Architecture thinks he can move a pool a whole meter towards his triple story house and thinks he's getting it his revisions today , haaaaaaaaaa yea mate.

WGMG!!! Designers that have never been "on the tools" And have no idea of how the end product works thinking they know all!! That includes any type of manufacturing, construction or engineering.

Hope it wasn't completed by end of day.lol

Edited by kickn5k

WGMG!!! Designers that have never been "on the tools" thinking they know all!! That includes any type of manufacturing, construction or engineering.

Hope it wasn't completed by end of day.lol

And you'd be surprised how much us guys in the design/engineering department complain about the workshop for just changing things "because they think it's better". Sure, a knowledge of how the thing is going to be built and the tools/processes required etc is a good thing, but at the end of the day we are designing an end product, and the workshop need to replicate our designed product, not use it as a "base".

And you'd be surprised how much us guys in the design/engineering department complain about the workshop for just changing things "because they think it's better". Sure, a knowledge of how the thing is going to be built and the tools/processes required etc is a good thing, but at the end of the day we are designing an end product, and the workshop need to replicate our designed product, not use it as a "base".

Sorry Hiro fixed. What I meant was the people with no idea of how the end product is to work or assembled.