olskool

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I am still going strong. Will be doing clutch setup and a few more bits of wiring, really hoping to be able to start the car this weekend. I have an auto electrician coming out on Saturday to sort out a few little things that I can't and it should be full speed ahead very soon. I simply can not wait.

I also still have to weld a couple more fittings on to the inlet manifold for vacuum and accelerator cable etc etc.

Will keep you all updated with pics and info.

• 3 weeks later...

Progress is still happening on the rolla. Up to bending and shaping the fuel line, gearbox is complete and rebuilt, thanks to my dads expertise, and many other things have been completed.

But, like all projects there is something that will slow you down.

My particular problem is the coil.

If anybody knows where I can source a brand new coil to suit the 4AGE 100kw(smallport) version, it would be greatly appreciated. I am sure the majority of you would know the difference between the spark plug leads on the bigport and smallport. the lead ends on the smallport are very small, so I need a coil to suit that type of lead.

Like I said before, any advice or help is greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey hey. Sorry about the very late update.

As of late I have sorted out spark plug leads, slowly getting through the brake side of things and also working through my fuel set up.

Again, as I have said many times before, I am getting stuck into it again and this time I really want to get it done.

Will post up pics soon of progress.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, well I have definitely let you all down with photo's. To tell you the truth I have just been hammering along with rolla every day after work, well into the night some nights, and by the time I think of taking photo's I'm in bed. :D

None the less, sleep is much needed for me.

But, a quick update. Hydraulic clutch set up is complete, bled and ready to go. Same as the brake system, all done, bled and ready to go. Just need to organise handbrake cable and then the car can go back on the ground again.

Then fuel system to be completed, and by then hopefully on the home run.

:wink: :laff: ;) ;) :S :S :D

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

So yes, there are updates. The car started for the first time a week ago, and after 3yrs in the waiting I was truly the happiest man alive. I finally got to hear what the car sounded like, finally found out what all my hand fabricated components worked like. Whether they were a failure or success.

And to my joy, all was an excellent success. At the moment, the car does not climb above 3000rpm as it has not been tuned properly.

But the biggest relief was that all the wiring that I have done with my Dad and good mate, just simply functioned. No better way to explain it.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

So now all that is left, is handbrake cable, a few little touch ups, a proper dyno tune and on the road again. :y: :P

No pictures as of yet, but I am hoping to bring it to it's first cruise on the toymods megacruise. :dance:

Anyway, almost there, almost there.

• 4 months later...

hey mate

awesome built really insipiring.

I'm currently doing the same conversion as you

although not as extreme..iv got a cable t50 box

and was curious what you did for the tailshaft? did u have

to cut it and weld it to a shorter length?

I'm using ur engine mount set up and so far so good thanks heaps.