inapickle

hay guys. sorry it took so long to reply

plenty of good sugestions here. where do i start

don't want a holden engine. nothing wrong with it just don't want one

hilux engine. Will look into it Wouldnt mind keeping it toyota

had thought about the mazda turbo v6. just don't no much about them

how strong r they. how strong r the gearbox

had my heart set on a nissan v6. will find out how big they r and if will fit

as for what i want for, I want it so that i can gear it to cruse at bugger all revs ( so need low down grunt) be able to go to a drag strip and pull a receptable time and have fun at the track.

so i don't want much! lol

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you want the thing to turn a corner, I wouldnt even bother with a V6, unless you're prepared to cut the firewall back and mount the engine further back like a sports sedan, to help redistribute the weight. Put a solid 2L turbo motor in it and it will go just as hard, and handle like it should... maybe 3SGTE?? keep it Toyota!!!!!

Seriously? Have you thought about it? Instead of an inline four with one cylinder in front of the front axle, it would have a full 6 cylinders behind the axle. Seems awesome to me. Interesting tasteful conversions are thin on the ground. Go hard I say.

Matt

The quad cam toyota Tron block V6's (VZ's) that came in the early/mid 90's camry's had an "S" series bellhousing, as the manual gearbox's are very sort after for use in MR2's.

Point being that find and SA63 celica belhousing ($70) and then a W57/8 box and the conversion is looking very possible. Not sure if the later model Alloy block motors kept the same bellhousing bolt pattern. The inlet manifld would need attention, but nothing a pair of Porche tripple down draft weber carburetors wouldn't fix :)

enjoy

Jordan

This thread has got me thinking, there might be something to this camery V6 idea :D

Edited by Jordan

Seriously? Have you thought about it? Instead of an inline four with one cylinder in front of the front axle, it would have a full 6 cylinders behind the axle. Seems awesome to me. Interesting tasteful conversions are thin on the ground. Go hard I say.

Matt

No doubt it would be awesome...I suppose anything is acceptable if your budget allows it... it would most likely be a front runner in the sports sedan class, or you may be able to register it as an Individually Constructed Vehicle with the proper engineering applied.. I'm getting all wet just contemplating this haha

• 2 months later...

I'm planning on putting the Vq30de into my 86, now living in Brisbane but was in NZ where we put a VQ30det into my brothers S14. Sat back further compared to the sr and didn't weigh to much difference (weight was further back). Only thing to watch is the water pipe that comes from the back of the motor can fowl on the Brake booster, We ended up using a starlet brake booster on the s14 as it was a lot smaller and no more problems. Exhaust manifolds can be fun.

Would not even bother with a VG variant, to big and heavy.

Will use a front wheel drive variant for mine and the spare box from the S14. other then the 350z box $1500+ there are no bolt up options. Rear wheel models are available just a little harder to find.

I am a nissan fan but can't get past the look of the 86 so decided to combine them both

W a y out of left field, probably cost too much, but one of those VW 15 degree V6's would definitely fit, R32 engines give standard WRXs a scare. Would need custom bellhousing as is FWD only.

Edited by machg

• 4 weeks later...