Ke30-v6tt

inapickle

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the vg30s are a fair bit too wide in the quad cam version, so you would have to go the twin cam. I have seen one done in a 120y without too much visible cutting (i only saw pics), so it would have to be possible.

The mitsubishi magna / pejero motor is quite small, as it has alot tighter v . These come out in japan as turbo. Or the mazda 929 had a v6 as well, these are pretty massive though, also available in twin or quad cam, i don't think theyre turbo in any form. Theyre about the only other ones i can think of at present

if you want the thing to turn a corner, I wouldnt even bother with a V6, unless you're prepared to cut the firewall back and mount the engine further back like a sports sedan, to help redistribute the weight. Put a solid 2L turbo motor in it and it will go just as hard, and handle like it should... maybe 3SGTE?? keep it Toyota!!!!!

if you want the thing to turn a corner, I wouldnt even bother with a V6, unless you're prepared to cut the firewall back and mount the engine further back like a sports sedan, to help redistribute the weight. Put a solid 2L turbo motor in it and it will go just as hard, and handle like it should... maybe 3SGTE?? keep it Toyota!!!!!

A 1MZ is pretty light on the scales, being all-alloy, and available in RWD format too. Being a V6 it can be set further back into the engine bay than a 4 or straight 6, which improves weight distribution

A 1MZ is pretty light on the scales, being all-alloy, and available in RWD format too. Being a V6 it can be set further back into the engine bay than a 4 or straight 6, which improves weight distribution

fair enough point, although with a late model, high tech option such as this, price would definitely become a factor I reckon. Also would they make a RWD box for those? there from a camry yeah?

how bout the 1.8 litre v6 from the eunos 30x/mazda mx3? very small and compact, revs to 9 grand. you could keep her n/a or turbo her and have something really unique. bang for buck though (V6 turbo wise of course), id say you'd be on a winner with a buick or ecotec V6 with just one single turbo. Its not too hard to make big numbers out of them motors and plus they are cheap as chips, easy to find and replace if you blow it up, and have support like you would believe (eg commodore forums). still, at the end of the day what do you want to do with it? drag? drift? race?