December 20, 200718 yr comment_215990 i want peoples opinion on this... does anyone think that a turbo off a 83 hilux diesel ( i think 2.2L) would be too big for a 4k??? Report
December 20, 200718 yr Author comment_216009 yea but i can't be stuffed making it all up and then finding out that it doesnt work... Report
December 20, 200718 yr comment_216024 yea but i can't be stuffed making it all up and then finding out that it doesnt work... I ask you all! Is this the kind of attitude that has forged our great nation??? What if James Cook said, "I could sail half way around the world, but I can't be arsed!" Where would this fine nation be? Eating frogs legs, speaking French and arguing with waiters, that's where! Go forth build my son, experiment! I dare say it won't work because diesel turbo's I don't think are the go, but hey I could be wrong. Build I say! Get a mate and a few good stubbies and build stuff in the true legends of bush mechanics! And if it doesn't work, open another stubby and say "Bugger" and try a different way! You know it makes sense... :lolcry: Edited December 20, 200718 yr by Redwarf Report
December 20, 200718 yr comment_216047 you just want to use up some old turbo you have lying around? Report
December 20, 200718 yr comment_216075 hey mate ive got one at work and it looks like a alright size I'm thinking of the same thing. make everything up and try it as it depends on a number of things but if its to big which i would have to say i don't think it would be its easy enough to hunt down another turbo with the same flangers on it most turbos use a t3 t4 sort of flange and they are easy to swap over ive done it on a couple of cars so far find a bigger turbo with the same exhaust and inlet flanges as the one that came off all i had to do once was modify the oil line thread which didn take long at all. hope that helps Report
December 21, 200718 yr Author comment_216140 yea its a ct20. a mate gave it to me when he wrecked his hilux. its sitting here doing nothing and i want to put it to good use...hehe. i thought that petrol turbos and diesel turbos are the same? why are they not the go? Edited December 21, 200718 yr by cut03 Report
December 21, 200718 yr comment_216181 I'm not sure about differences in turbos petrol engines have less emissions i think, hence the same size petrol engine wouldnt come onto boost as early. just make up a simple j-pipe from the stock manifold... there is a guy here in tassie who has a turbo 4k in a ke35 (i think :lolcry:). seems to make desent power from what i have heard, his was quite a bit of work to put together. probaly the hardest bit would be making a pressure sealed box for the carby or alternate forms of getting around the down side of being carby. Report
December 22, 200718 yr comment_216238 My old set up is in a 4k ke35 (well ke55 coupe actually) now, is that what you're talking about Aaron? Or just my set up? Deisel turbos can be used on petrol motors. And yes that turbo will be ok on the 1300cc 4k, as it'll do nearly twice the RPM of the hilux (they're 2700cc aren't they, or are the deisels 2.4!?). If you have a CT20, are they the same as the 3tgte CT20's? Have a good read of this thread as well. That'l tell you evrything you need to know! :lolcry: http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?showtopic=2341 Report
December 22, 200718 yr comment_216239 yea its a ct20. a mate gave it to me when he wrecked his hilux. its sitting here doing nothing and i want to put it to good use...hehe. i thought that petrol turbos and diesel turbos are the same? why are they not the go? Deisel turbos can be used on petrol motors. What Si said, I once used a 2.3L diesel's turbo on a 1.5L exa, The spool and acceleration was alot better than what it had with the petrol turbo but the power started to drop off at 140kmh cause the turbo ran out of puff, It still revved to 7500 and made boost till then in 1st & 2nd tho. Edited December 22, 200718 yr by Trev Report
December 22, 200718 yr Author comment_216273 how avalible are the injection systems for the k motors? Report
December 23, 200718 yr comment_216491 if you're running a turbo, you'd be running aftermarket computer. So you'd be wiring in your own loom, so you can poach sensors form any motor :y: Cheers Jordan Report
December 27, 200718 yr comment_216823 CT20 I recon a 4K could get it going. And if I was you just try it. As for turbo Difference. Now I have pulled apart a few turbos and the only real difference I can spot is Diesel turbos don't have positive seal turbo seals, which means that if put it in a suck-through system they can leak oil under extreme vacuum, which happens when throttle is closed. This is not a problem in a blow-through system. So if it is off a diesel run a blow through setup or risk making a mess. Also I think wheel trim is different also between the Toyota CT range from diesel to petrol. I had a CT26 off a Toyota Diesel also. A made had CT26 on a sora or how ever you spell it. They had different part numbers and the turbine had slightly different blades and trim etc. But hey as long as it spins hard enough will make boost so just bolt it on. Cameron Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now