13b Rotary Conversion - Ke70!!

brennan

Members dont see this ad
Hey everyone ,

pretty much where I'm at ive decide to do reseach an see if possible i can put a 13B rotor into my ke70,

pretty much after general chat chetter , advice an tips

maybe somone has done this conversion an could help us out ??

Cheers Brennan

If your in VIC, scrub the idea of having it engineer approved. 12A would be the nearest option.

But book an appointment with an approved engineer (from your state). They should be listed on the Road Authorities website. First appointment is generally free, and will be able to tell you within a few minutes whether it is possible or not.

He simply takes max power figures from both engines, does a few calculations to see whether the power gain is within the allowable tolerance for your given car.

Then from there if its possible you can run with it. If its not possible, he will advise on what your next available option is.

Either way, if you want the conversion approved, you will have to be in talks with an engineer. So you will have to bite the bullet and see an engineer. May as well get the approval straight from the horses mouth.

Edited by kangaroosa

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't bother with a weber unless you are going for a largish port. 13Bs first came out in RX4's I think 1973 was the first model. A rebuilt 12a or 13b isn't cheap, and a non-rebuilt one isn't worth it. I own one and love it, but there are cheaper ways to get performance IMHO.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...