adam-__-

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you'll find most guys that are running larger wheels like yourself will cut the edge piece of the guard so that there is no scrub (obvious) but also allowing for more caster which most people tend to max out on ke's

oh and your car looks gd by the way ;)

Yep, castor is currently maxed out to gain some back after installing 86 camber tops.

My car's shell hit 200 thousand kilometers last week. Took a picture of the odometer when it happened, but it's on my phone and can't seem to get the blue tooth working to upload.

Hrmm.. the 200 thou wasn't the only thing I hit recently..

buckle002.jpg

buckle004.jpg

buckle005.jpg

Those are the 'new' 15x8 wheels by the way. ;)

Oh man, ever heard of skid rims?

Thats a wicked shame, possibly fixable if you know someone good, or slydar from dc can probably get you a new outer.

Otherwise, its all looking nice.

Another thing you can do to clear the caster you run for drifting with big wheels and standard gaurds is to simply fold a crease along from where the little metal arm holds the bottom of the gaurd, to the line in the body down the bottom there. You just kind of tip the corner out, no need to cut anything, you only really need about 15-20mm to be really safe from catching it and if you do it to both sides it looks factory. I did it on the red car and the lip fitted snug over it, so you couldn't really see it, but there was clearance there. here is a picture of it without the lip. I like it because you see less wheel sticking out as well which helps make it look a little sleepier.

Do you reckon that type of bend would clear your wheels?

post-2885-1244594710_thumb.jpg

Thats a wicked shame, possibly fixable if you know someone good, or slydar from dc can probably get you a new outer.

Another thing you can do to clear the caster you run for drifting with big wheels and standard gaurds is to simply fold a crease along from where the little metal arm holds the bottom of the gaurd, to the line in the body down the bottom there. You just kind of tip the corner out, no need to cut anything, you only really need about 15-20mm to be really safe from catching it and if you do it to both sides it looks factory. I did it on the red car and the lip fitted snug over it, so you couldn't really see it, but there was clearance there. here is a picture of it without the lip. I like it because you see less wheel sticking out as well which helps make it look a little sleepier.

lol i put my longchamps on the front and it bent it the other way for me :y:

that sucks about the rims oh well

It will buff out......

You idiot, what did you hit ??? :P... you being a rain warrior again hehe

Hit the ripple strip mate. They really need to make them a little lower.

OUCH!!!

200 thousand ks isn't too bad man! mines at 317000.......100000 being pure abuse!

shattered about the wheels though.....a good repair shop should be able to get that out.

From a little researching/reading, the wheels should be right with a roll. Can't see any cracks or anything like that so far so that's a good sign. Will need to take another look once the tyre has come off.

Friday the wheels will be going into a few shops for quotes. All exam studying until then.

Hahaha I always bagged people out for using skid wheels. 'Why buy nice good quality wheels if you're not gonna make the most of their quality and where it matters?' If I had some cheap china wheels, I'm sure they would've cracked instead of just bend. Always 'looks' better when drifting with these wheels anyway, cause you know.. drifting is all about how the car looks. :P

With the guard, I originally bent it out similar to what you did. Wasn't enough to clear the wheels unfortunately. :( Wheels rubbed higher up along the guard as well. I made the guard just clear the wheels while stationary, took it for a drive and it pulled the guard in all different directions.

thats a crying shame. they're so puurrddyyyy.

i'll hit you up with some details of a shop that does a pretty good job when i remember lol

ps- nice ride, you should 'lend' it to me.

Sure.. No problems Leah. lol

lol i put my longchamps on the front and it bent it the other way for me :hmm:

that sucks about the rims oh well

Hahaha yeah, shit happens. :y:

Edited by adam-__-

Shattered to see the rim like that!

At least from first impressions, it looks repairable, so hopefully you can get it sorted with no fuss. And, glad to hear it happened on a track and not a gutter :P

Yeah, the wheels should just require a re-roll, but I've heard of it cracking while being rolled/hammered out. Fingers crossed it'll all work out right in the end though.

I just had a read of this WHOLE thread.

This is one amazing car. Can't wait to see more pics :P

Have you got anything planned for the car in the future?

Cheers mate. I hope the thread wasn't too boring of a read. :hmm:

Plans at the moment are just to drive it really and replace things that need replacing. I can't tell you 100% though, cause next thing you know I might've just bought another set of wheels or something. :y:

Engine wise, I don't think anything will be happening with it. The motor still blows smoke at times because of the valve stem seals. Replaced them but I don't know.. symptoms still point at the valve stem seals. And there seems to be some engine rattle noises coming after hitting the limiter for too long, I think it was from the limiter :( .

Sorry if the above doesn't make sense to anyone, I've reread it and it seems understandable, but if it doesn't, I'm sorry, it's been a long day..

• 4 weeks later...

It has been a while...

I've had the wheels repaired since the last post. There's still noticeable ripples, but I can't complain. I went to a few of Melbourne's best wheel repairers and quite a few of them turned me down. :sob: But in the end, they got repaired by Ajax in Moorabbin, $95.

Time for pics,

bucklefixed005.jpg

bucklefixed003.jpg

bucklefixed001.jpg

Also, who would've guessed.. I've decided to do a few things to my motor. I recently picked up another big port head from the wreckers, this time pretty much complete and I've already done a few things to it. Self port and polish as well as de-shrouding the combustion chamber.

Plans are to finish off the port and polish work then give it a nice clean and shave a bit off then reinstall on my current motor. I'm still doing some research into how much the standard ECU can take compression wise. So far, 10.5:1 ratio on the standard ECU seems possible. To get to that compression ratio, I would need to mill ~40thou off this head and use the standard head gasket.

New valve stem seals are on the way again, but this time for the new head so hopefully no more smoke!

Will keep everyone updated. :jamie:

Edit: Longer duration and larger lift cams are planned as well as a standalone ECU, but the current plans are to just increase compression for a little bit more power.

Edit edit: I also forgot to mention I am now on the look out for a set of MA61 wheels :sob: I can't damage my wheels again, so let me know what you've got.

Edited by adam-__-

I took a few snaps of my new MA61s which was purchased a few nights back. The tyres on them are all random, but they have decent tread..

ma61onthecar.jpg

ma61onthecar6.jpg

ma61onthecar7.jpg

ma61onthecar3.jpg

ma61onthecar4.jpg

ma61onthecar5.jpg

The front wheels are a little 'monster truck' like and the wheels look a little gay under my flared guards, but oh well. I should stop receiving those, 'why are your wheels protruding from the guards?' questions from the boys in blue. It must've been a rhetorical question every single time cause when I tried explaining offset to them, they gave me a 'wtf?' look and changed topics. :wink:

Edited by adam-__-

Oh I forgot to post these pictures below up. They're on the first page, but I should post them here too. They were taken before we left for Winton's practice day a few weeks back. That's my mates T18 we've been working on the last few months.

pic008.jpg

pic007n.jpg

pic010.jpg

And here is a photo of one of my walls in my bedroom. :yes:

meshpyramid005.jpg

Cheers :wink:

Edited by adam-__-