April 17, 200917 yr Author comment_337078 No and I'm freaking out at the moment. Cylinder one isnt firing well. Reason being, spark plug being hit by piston. After tearing my hair out and though I had put wrong plugs in I found a disturbing discovery that the head has been milled a significant amount. Being the noob I was when i put the motor together I didn't take notice of the massive shave that looks to have been done In its previous life. It only smashed the plug once the motor has fired up, it dosnt change when its just reved by the starter. It goes from perfect gap to 1/2 gap in about 1min of running. I'm going to pull the head off and have a closer look, if any one could shead some light on this before I do so though would be grea Report
April 17, 200917 yr comment_337088 another little less time consuming way is to get another plug the same thread but shorter distance into the combustion chamber or maybe throw a washer or something underneith the plug Report
May 15, 200917 yr comment_345003 Whats happening with all the other plugs? Bit weird that its only hitting on the front plug. What about a thicker head gasket? Or would that do little? Report
May 15, 200917 yr comment_345016 Whats happening with all the other plugs? Bit weird that its only hitting on the front plug. What about a thicker head gasket? Or would that do little? it ended up one of the metal washer/seals that hold the cam covers on dropped in the cylinder that what was hitting the plug so time for another rebuild Report
May 17, 200917 yr Author comment_345291 luckly i only need a new head gasket. I cleaned all the crap and the seats and valves are fine. Not at home (where the car is) so no progress. Report
June 4, 200917 yr comment_349872 Hey Jason hows it going? Gotten around to getting it running again? Travis. Report
June 18, 200917 yr Author comment_353181 Nope the sight in my garage is a horror story, had a lot going on in life but I'm on hoildays soon so maybe i can get back into the swing of things. Report
July 11, 200917 yr comment_358306 i just went for ke70. yeh so what you need a new xmember, gearbox xmember and couple other things! if people want the flat front but want ae71, it's just better to get the flat front and hunt for the xmembers and everything else to bolt in Report
July 18, 200917 yr comment_359700 awesome build, I'm doing same build in my ke70. this makes it look as hard as it really is, not like mumblezz conversion that was done in one post :) I'm jealous coz mines still just an engine in a ke70 no wiring yet or anything Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now